Prologue

Unknown POV - Hundreds of Centuries ago

"All wanted was to save this world filled with darkness." I thought to myself as I stared helplessly at all the maps and papers strewn across our war room table.

"That monster has spread his darkness too far now, he needs to be stopped immediately," said Amaris, clenching her jaws in anger.

"I know what you're thinking Amaris but we cannot attack him and depend on raw power," I replied knowing how dangerous that was.

"But Ca-"

The door suddenly swung open revealing my panicked sister.

"Brother, he found the last piece," She said, breathlessly, eyes wide, filled with a mixture of confusion, panic, and fear.

"That's not possible," I whispered in denial.

I looked back up into the horror-filled eyes of Amaris.

Which soon turned into a look of rage as her wickedly glowing green irises were surrounded by black which was  followed by black nerves appearing around the top of her cheeks. "I told you both that he had to be stopped and now it's too late!!" She roared with fury.

"There is still one way," I whispered looking at the people that I cared about the most.

Amaris snapped her head towards me and looked at me with pain and anger in her eyes, "Don't. you. dare—"

"Ari, do you seriously think he will listen to either of us once he has made up his mind?" whispered my beloved sister with clenched jaws, glaring at the floor in front of her.

I closed my eyes in sorrow knowing she was right. I had no choice. I had to sacrifice myself to stop him.

"No...no...this is all my fault I—"

"We have been over this before. No one blames you. We all know how powerful the mate bond can be." I cut her off looking at her with stern eyes.

"But if I had known that my mate would turn out to be a psychotic monster who wanted nothing but power then I would have never accepted him. I would have never completed the mate bond." She replied with a pain-filled voice.

I felt her sorrow through our bond.

"Listen here Amaris, deep down we all knew that someday this was going to happen. We just denied it and tried to find another way but what's done is done. We were created for this one purpose. Now, all we can do is put up one hell of a fight and wait until our time comes, and trust me it will come. Maybe not tomorrow, or a month, not even a year. Maybe centuries from now, but it will come and we will be ready then." Maze said without a waver in her voice resulting in me looking at her with a proud gaze.

No matter what happened she and Amaris will always be my sisters.