Chapter 2 - Pancakes & demons

"You keep talking about this evil.....wha—"

The door slowly opened to reveal a very pretty young woman. She had long dark brown hair but half of her hair from the bottom was a lighter brown, just like Alpha Taylor's. Her eyes held warmth which glowed a pretty golden color seemingly less bright than the Alpha but it would mostly go unnoticed and appear as if she has the same bright glow as the Alpha, but I noticed the tiniest of details like always I guess.

It was a curse in the past but I loved looking into their beautiful glowing eyes that held me captivated whenever I did.

Just like the alpha, she radiated power which was almost to the alpha's level but not quite there. I guessed she was the beta.

But she carried a tray with food? She brought the food, But weren't omegas supposed to do that?

I frowned and stared in confusion at her and then the alpha.

"Good morning, my name is Selena Gomez, I'm the Beta of this pack, and I brought food," she grinned excitedly.

She wore a black casual outfit with leggings and a black tee that said "Thou shall not try me" with a cool font and below that it said mood 24:7.

I think I will like her.

She walked in and pulled out a table from the side of the bed and put the tray on it.

It was pancakes with chocolate chips here and there, my mouth watered at the delicious smell.

My staring contest with the pancake was interrupted as Beta Selena spoke, "Well go on, tell me how is it," grinning at me excitedly.

My stomach growled loudly making the others laugh, and I blushed red like a tomato.

I proceeded to eat with a fork and spoon. Cutting a bite-sized piece I put it in my mouth and moaned with satisfaction.

I went to say, "Oh my goodness this is the best pancake ever!!" But it came out as, "Oh ma gosthnes this isss thse bst sancake everrr!!"

I got embarrassed and panicked at how I just talked in front of the two highest ranks but calmed down when I heard them laughing.

"We are glad, Selena here is the best cook well after Margaret but her cooking is top-notch," exclaimed Alpha Taylor proudly.

"How did she...?" I trailed off in my head.

She laughed and whispered mischievously, "I can read minds."

I gasped almost choking making her panic but I got it under control quickly because I had to many times in the past.

They both looked at me in shock wondering how I got it under control so unnaturally fast.

"In the past, they would do things to make me choke like forcing me to drink water quickly or just forcing me to eat something bad quickly, and if I choked longer than they liked then I would get a few extra lashes and if I didn't then they'd 'reward' me a few lashes less," I muttered while washing down the tasty pancake with the glass of water on the tray.

Suddenly I felt intense and terrifying anger and instantly looked up in fear wondering if they were pretending to be kind all along and yet as I looked up I found that they did indeed exert tremendous anger but it wasn't towards me rather...it seemed to be for me.

It was a strangely comforting feeling, to have someone be angry for you.

Though they looked ready to break something or well someone, "It is okay, after a while I got used to it so it didn't hurt as bad." I hoped that would calm them and it did although it didn't work exactly as intended and they, instead, looked at me with sorrowful eyes that still held the traces of anger.