Chapter 12 - Is it black magic?

Shadow's POV

I shifted back behind a tree and put on the outfit that I had hung from a branch.

I had an idea but I wasn't sure if it was gonna work. The way my shadows reacted to her was nothing ordinary, quite far from it actually.

When they touched her hand I had a strange vision, I wasn't sure what I saw back then but after the shadow beast's attack I'm sure it has something to do with it now, it was just a gut feeling but I am one to follow my instincts.

I thought back to what I had seen...

"M stop!! It's too ticklish!!" A young girl of around 5-years-old screamed while laughing.

"Okay, okay I'm stopping now but promise me you won't be sad anymore?" Another girl with striking white hair asked as she leaned over the small frame of the girl being tickled.

"Yes, I won't! Let go of me now pleaseeeee," whined the adorable little black-haired girl.

She got up and gave a hand to the girl on the ground and soon they bounded off into the distance.

The scene changed.....

I saw the same two girls grown up, sparring against each other in a forest.

They seemed to be around 15 years old now but their body was amazing. They had a lean figure, yes, but I could muscle shifting beneath their simple and plain black clothes which consisted of knee-length shorts and a sports bra.

The black-haired girl, who now had slightly tanned skin, had eyes that glowed a striking green, far brighter than Alpha Taylor's whereas the white-haired girl, who was pale-skinned, glowed a bright silver.

They both moved with such grace and precision it was hard to make out who struck who or when it even happened.

Suddenly they grew apart and smirked at each other.

I gasped as the black-haired girl's body erupted in Shadows just like it does with me, whereas the white-haired girl's body burst with hot white electricity.

Before I could even comprehend what was happening they were back at it with a frightening speed and fought like literal gods.

Before I could see more I was plunged back into reality.

I remember being teary-eyed as I saw how gentle the shadows were being with her.

I sighed. Maybe, just maybe, if my shadows touched her, she might awaken or at least show some response. Even a twitch of her fingers would give me unimaginable hope.

Before I started tearing up again I began walking in the direction of the pack hospital.

After a while, I walked through the automatic doors and headed to her room.

I already knew where it was because I had spent quite a while, pitifully sitting in her room, in hopes of her waking up.

I was proud of how large the pack hospital was, I had been to many packs and their hospital was nothing compared to ours.

I frowned as I remembered our sad history, we were at the top right now, yes. But a long time ago this pack was nothing.

To get to the top we had lost many good people who only wanted to fight for what was right. I knew full well that being strong wasn't easy. Especially in this fucked up world.

My thoughts drifted back to Mia, of how she fought both mentally and physically from a young age.

Before my thoughts could get any more depressing I had reached her room.