Mission failed

Note: 'old friend' means 'my everything' to them(ratchet and optimus), idea was from my good friend, ashimaga

"Now look who's being the mother-hen."

Ratchet had his arms crossed with a small smirk, optimus let out a sigh and turned to his lover. "I'm just expressing my concern for our ex-scout." "Mhm, says the one who teases me for expressing my concern for bee." Optimus smiled for a moment before his dermas returned to a frown, ratchet sighed and hugged the prime. "I know you don't think bee is ready for this but he has come a long way.. you taught him so much and now look at him.. he's grown up to be a great leader." The prime vented before leaning down to kiss ratchet, "you're right.. i should only intervene if needed..." he mutters into the kiss and ratchet hummed.

"We will return shortly. Drift, let us go." The orange mech gave a nod, following the prime. "Oh come on!" Ratchet turned to see a grumpy sideswipe and slightly chuckled at that he then turned to bee and placed a servo on his shoulder. "Don't worry kiddo, we'll be back before you know it." Bumblebee sighed and replied, "i know.. but-" "ep, ep, ep! We are proud of you.. I'm proud of you, optimus is proud of you! I know he seems to think you're not ready but i know you are. You are a great leader bee, don't doubt yourself." The two hugged before ratchet patted his helm, "alright. See you later."

Optimus was discussing the plan on what we will do when we reach cybertron, ratchet watched with tired optics as he slowly slipped out of the meeting room and to the bridge. He felt something tap on his leg, he jumped and yipped as he whipped around and vented out, "undertone! Don't sneak up on me like that!.. anyways, what would you like?" The glint in the minicon's optics told him everything so he sighed and gave a nod as he reached into his back-kit and pulled out an energon treat and gave it to him. Undertone took it and retracted his mask and smiled as he took a bite and walked away, ratchet had a small smile and turned around to see optimus right in front of him. Ratchet jumped and lightly hit the prime's chassis, "optimus! Not you too!" The prime chuckled and squatted down a little and wrapped his arms around his medic's waist and picked him up. Ratchet blushed madly and wrapped his arms around his prime's neck, they both stared at each other before optimus whispered, "I didn't think you'd still have some energon treats. Care to share?" Ratchet snorted before whispering back, "I'll think about it." The medic knew orion had a sweetdenta, ratchet leaned into the prime's derma and lightly kissed him, optimus kissed back and they both started to get heated. "O-optimus- berthroom-"

Time skip to where they arrive at cybertron

"It looks beautiful.."
Optimus' optics widened a little as he saw their revived home planet. Ratchet smiled a little and then slowly frowned, "yes.. but this new high council's going to make it into a 'decepticons only' home." The prime's ridges furrowed as he closed his optics, "i know.. that is why we must sneak in and find out what's really going to happen, what their plan might be, and then restore our home." "As you mean we you mean drift will do the sneaking in." The prime opened his optics and looked at the medic and smiled softly, "yes, old friend. You and i will be taking care of something else."

Ratchet stuck closely to the prime as they had switched their colors and did their best to fit in with the crowd. Ratchet whispered, "you shouldn't have been here.." optimus let out a small vent, "it's alright ratchet. I do look pretty unrecognizable, do i not?" Ratchet huffed but continued to walk with him to the energon restaurant. Once they walked in, they saw cybertronians of all kinds of build and color, drinking and chatting about whatever topic they were on. Ratchet vented in relief to see no one recognized them because of their changed color scheme and smaller pieces of armor. Optimus took ratchet's servo and brought him over to one of the two-bots table and they both sat across each other. "Are you sure about this? We need to be-" "relaxed and calm." The prime interrupts and had a small playful smirk, ratchet understood where this was going and sighed, "orion.. I'm fine." "You do not seem 'fine' old friend, you've been stressed and i admit, so am i. Let us take this time to ourselves for the time being, plus.. it wouldn't hurt to see how the archive's doing now." Ratchet shook his helm and chuckled a little, "alright then." The waiter came and they ordered their energon, the waiter then left them to go get their energon and the two continued to chat. "I am really sorry, old friend..." "it's alright, i.. understand, alright?" Optimus placed his servo on top of ratchet's, the medic blushed and grabbed the prime's servo. "Also.. could we-?" "Oh for the love primus- we are not adopting undertone." Optimus then gave him the best orion optics he could muster up and ratchet turned his helm away quickly, "o-orion! Y-you can't just adopt every little bot you see-!" Optimus drew his helm closer as he lightly squeezed the medic's servo, just as the medic opened his dermas they heard over the commlink, ::optimus! Ratchet! I've been discovered! We gotta get out of here, quick!:: with that, the pair got up and began to run out of the restaurant. "Wait! What about your energon??" Ratchet looked over and shouted, "sorry! We just remembered something very important!" Then the two dashed out of the place and ran directly to their hidden ship.
As they got closer they could hear drift and several policebots after him. Optimus got ratchet to go in first as he went to go help drift loose them. Ratchet ran over to the bridge to see undertone jump up from the command seat, the two locked optics for a split second before undertone understood what was happening and helped ratchet get the ship up and running. ::ratchet! We must go, now!:: ::I'm on it!:: ratchet then ran over to the control panel and the ship began to ascend, then ratchet hit a button and they began to fly a course back to earth. Ratchet could hear two pairs of pedesteps and turned to see a worn out drift and optimus, drift looked over to both of them and gave a curt bow, "I'm sorry.. i couldn't get their designations but i know some of what they are planning." Ratchet looked over to optimus with worried optics as the prime brushed himself a little before looking back at drift and replied, "then let's hear it."

Hope y'all had a better Christmas than me... anyways, finally got this published- cya on the next one