To the dead

Ratchet was startled awake by the screeching insecticons he opened his optics and sat up quickly to see no one nearby. He could here gun shots and distant wails of the overgrown bugs dying, ratchet slowly got up and walked towards the dark wall, he felt around for the door but instead found a vent. He continued his search until he realized that the light source above him was the sky, the ceiling was the only entrance and exit, "slag.." he muttered to himself as he plopped back down on the ground, he was wondering what was going on back there and wanted to get out of here.

A few cycles back

Greencross sitting on optimus' trailer as the two vehicles drove to the last known location of the con designated, 'airachnid.'
"So.. greencross, i have heard from ratchet that you used to be under his care." The turret looked over to the truck as he gave a nod, "after my parents died, he took care of me until.. he got busier.." greencross mutters a little, optimus hummed in response and thought about how to ask greencross if he wanted to be adopted. Optimus knew well that ratchet was going to be mad but overall give in to the surprise adopts, then greencross transformed, snapping optimus out of his thoughts. "I see something, approximately 11.2654 kilometers away! Is that an.. insecticon?" As optimus and bee drove closer to the figure they both stopped and transformed, so did greencross and ran over to the offlined frame. "Oh.. dear primus..." greencross mutters as there was a trail of dead insecticons leading up to a pile of them. "Airachnid must've drained all these insecticons in order to survive." Optimus says as he turned to the two youngsters, "you two, stay behind me. We must tread carefully." The two gave a nod as optimus started to lead the way.

"My queen, we have intruders." "What kind?" "Two autobots and one believed to be unfactioned." The insecticon reports as he bows away when airachnid stood up, "then let us pay our visitors a little visit."

Greencross jumped when he saw the helm of the giant bug move and tumble down the hill of dead insecticons right next to his pedes. He jumped onto bee and held on tightly to him, "holy slag that was creepy-" bumblebee patted the other's back and greencross realized what was going on and got off of the lieutenant, "m-my bad- uh- i mean- I'm not scared!" Bee smiled softly, "don't worry, we're all afraid of something, now come on. Let's go fi-" "watch out!" Greencross shouted as he pulled bee down as the insecticon whizzed right by their helms. "Slag- optimus!" The prime ran over and looked over to see the insecticon in front of them. Greencross quickly transformed and began to shoot the giant bug, the insecticon screeched before optimus and bee joined in and downed the con. "Holy slag- i just downed an insecticon- wow! That was hard.." "no.. it wasn't." Bee said as he put down his gun, "something's going on.. that insecticon didn't attack.. it just stood their and took the hit." "Bumblebee is correct. Something is wrong."

Now

"Let go of bumblebee, airachnid!" "Or what, prime? You're going to kill me and risk killing your precious little bee as well? I didn't think so!" The spider lady hisses and optimus growls, greencross transformed and started to aim for the two. Optimus noticed and immediately shouted, "greencross- wha-" he shot but instead of hitting them, he shot the insecticon that was above them. The copter let go of bumblebee in order to move out of the way while optimus leaped up to quickly catch his son and move out of the way and let the insecticon fall to his doom. Airachnid growled in frustration before being shot off the air by greencross. He transformed and went over to the two bots, "are you okay bee?" The yellow bot gave a smile and nodded, "thanks to you, bud." Greencross gave a nod before their attention turned to the groaning femme, the visor-faced bot went over to the femme and shook her, "where's ratchet?!" The spider-copter slowly smiled, "you remind of soundwave.. although he never talked much..." greencross knew of the infamous silent con, "don't avoid the question! Where's ratchet?!" The only response he got was a crazed laugh before airachnid let out a terrifying screeched before offlining. Optimus walked over and placed a servo on his shoulder, "come now.. let us continue our search." Greencross looked to optimus before looking at airachnid and laying her frame against the insecticon pile, "yeah.. alright..."

Ratchet heard silence, he was afraid on what might have went down before hearing someone familiar shouting out his name. "Ratchet? Are you here?" Ratchet weakly smiled before shouting, "down here!" He could hear the shuffle of several pedesteps, sounds like running. "Ratchet!" The medic could here the sound of joy and relief in the younger's voice. "Yes?" He called out then he was able to see the familiar figure looking down at him from the hole above. "Ratchet! Thank primus you're- oh primus you got hurt!" Greencross cried before two more helms poked through the light above, "ratchet- hold on old friend, we'll get you out of here." "I'd appreciate that," ratchet says before closing his optics, he was tired from struggling to keep himself stable. Soon he felt the strong familiar arms and nuzzled closely to the other's chassis. Optimus nuzzled back as he got them out of there, "rest, old friend.. we'll take you to get medical attention, so do not worry." Although ratchet was not worried at all and just hummed in response. With that the four left the dead grounds of the insecticons, eventually they had to come back to 'clean it up.' Although that was a job for next time.

Time skip to yes

Luckily, everything was settled down, and ratchet was in a better condition and a high council was selected and ratchet was able to relax for a long while as optimus had juggled his work although he was lucky that ratchet was able to help with some of the work he couldn't do. Optimus sighed as he was being hailed again, ratchet chuckled and asked, "is it those rescue bots?" The prime looked over and smiled, "yes.. I've been helping them out as they are continuing to build the academy." Ratchet wrapped his arm around optimus' and nuzzled lightly, "then you should go see what's up." Optimus gave a light kiss to his helm, "I'll be back." Ratchet gave a nod before waving bye as he watched the prime leave their house. He then slowly got up and walked over to a picture he had hung, it was a picture of the entire OG team prime. Ratchet smiled as he then walked over to the front door and opened it, stepping outside to see the busy streets.

Ratchet was kneeling by a tombstone, they found wildcard's body that had become nothing but scrap and buried it. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you... i know you're in the allspark now... thank you for helping me, i hope all is well... I'll visit later again, when I'm not busy. Rest..."

I kinda didn't know what to do with the title- :)) although the next chapter might be better?? Dunno yet, I'm tryin' guys ;<; thank y'all so much for your support, almost 100 votes on this book- I can't believe it- cya on the next chapter, peace