Ending One Part Two

Start from the beginning

"I'm scared—what if they—Sam—"
She hugged him tight, and he accepted, squeezing her softly.

"Everything—everything will be alright." He timidly rubbed her back as she buried her face in his shoulder. He reluctantly let go, looking into her fearful eyes. "I pray you make it home. I plan to send a letter to your family, relaying to them what has really happened. Maybe they can help get you out safely. I know if Harry ascends the throne he will deny it all—I know it's not the best plan, but I'm doing all that I can—"

"You're an angel." She sobbed. "Where were you all this time—no—I must stop doing that! She falls for the wrong brother twice but still she never learns." She laughed at herself.

Sam grinned sheepishly. "Well you know what they say, third time's the charm."

She snorted lightly as he helped her mount his horse, and they rode off into the darkness.

***

"Father." Harry cooed, sitting next to the King Dominic's bed, holding his hand. The early morning oranges and yellows seeped through a small gap in the large, thick curtains on the opposite wall, barely lighting the gloomy room.

"Bring the family in here, son." King Dominic gasped in a frail, airy voice. "I fear..."

Harry sent a servant to fetch them all, and within a few short moments the remaining family was gathered around the bed, awaiting the dreaded moment that was now too much to bear.

"Nicola." He groaned, reaching out his hand to his wife.

"My husband." She weeped, falling to her knees at his bedside. "Tell me what I must do."

"You must rule as regent until Sam can find a bride and finish his education." His eyes smiled slightly in Harry's direction.

"Sam—" Harry blurted out in amazement. "Father what do you mean Sam—I thought—you were going to allow me to ascend—and declare war to avenge our brother's death!"

"Stop your lies." The king hissed. He slowly motioned to the curtains, and from them emerged Zendaya, smirking satisfactorily.

"You—murderer!" Harry pointed a shaky finger at her.

"Oh, you can give up the charade, Harry. You've been caught." She flipped the curtain back in place.

"Zendaya—how did you get here? I dropped you off at the—" Sam smiled in astonishment.

"I came back to set things straight." She blushed briefly before turning back to her dark rival. "Won't you tell your poor mother who the real murderer is—"

Queen Nicola began to faint, but was caught by some ready guards nearby. Paddy went to his mother, alarmed and scared out of his mind. Another guard went to restrain Harry at the king's command, but he quickly drew his sword and slashed the guard across the belly. He fell with a deep grunt as the wound spattered and oozed out, killing him. Without a word, Harry lunged for Zendaya, but Sam was quick to protect her. He pulled out his sword in defense. Harry swung at Sam like a madman; any skill he may have had with a sword was overtaken by a fearful rage. He mindlessly fought what the room believed to be Sam and Zendaya, but all Harry could see were Tom's dead eyes staring at him from all directions. Taunting and intense, there was no escape from the ghostly, innocent orbs white with death and red with blood. Sam easily evaded his blows, and Harry began to tire.