Chapter 53

TAYLOR'S POV:

After Blake revealed his father's identity, he looked relieved.

His father on the other hand, or should I say Wayne, looked frustrated and angry.

"We can talk this out." Wayne said, barely getting his words together.

"I don't want to talk this out." Blake let a small chuckle escape his lips, and he smiled a little. 

"So you just want me to kill you? Is that how far you're willing to go?" Wayne yelled angrily.

Blake stayed silent, but eventually he broke it by tilting his head.

"I mean, yeah."

I looked away from the screen and gritted my teeth at how stupid he was being. He can't die. He can't be okay with dying. I slowly turned my head back to the screen.

"And now that we've got that out of the way, let's continue." Blake got back into a fighting stance, his face still covered in dirt and still flowing blood.

Wayne ran at Blake, but Blake did something that surprised me. He dodged it.

He was using his head this time around, his expression calm and collected. 

Wayne scoffed and decided to use the wind again. He moved his arms up and prepared, but Blake was one step ahead of him.

He used shadows to blind his father, and then he kicked him in the stomach, sending him backward a little.

Blake then pulled shadows to his hands, and shot them out, making the camera go pitch black for a couple seconds.

Blake was on the ground, but he quickly pushed himself up.

His father was also on the ground, but he was having trouble getting up.

Blake changed his expression from blank, to a smirk.

"Blake we need to get out of here! Are you gonna kill him or not?" The leader yelled from what I assumed was an area behind the camera.

Just then, the camera shut off, and the news was back.

"No." I muttered.

"No!" I got up and walked towards the TV.

"Mom I need to get to New York." I said firmly. I wasn't gonna take no for an answer.

"Honey the heroes have got it handled everything will be fine-"

"No! There weren't even any other heroes there. I need to go." I turned away from my parents and ran upstairs to grab my phone.

I dialed Lucas's number and it only rang once.

"Lucas I need to get to New York." I said frantically as I paced around my room.

"I don't know if I can get to you, and then to Times Square fast enough though." He caught exactly what I was trying to say, his voiced seemed panicked too.

"Just, try. I'll see you in a couple minutes?" I begged.

"Be ready." He hung up and I ran to my closet, tearing through it to find my hero costume. I put it on as quick as I could and then answered a call from Aura.

"I'm in the academy right now but Tessa, Sabrina, and I  are heading out to Times Square. I assume you're going too." She immediately said.

"How did you know." I let out a laugh as I ran downstairs and outside, not even giving my parents a glance.

"We're running out the gates now, we'll probably be there in 10 minutes." She said she had to go and hung up, so I put my phone in my pocket and took a deep breath.

"If you think you can fix this, then we believe you." My dad spoke.

I turned around and my mom ran up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and she started crying.

"I love you. Be safe." She whispered. "I love you too." I smiled.

My dad walked up to me and hugged me after my mom finally stopped. "I love you too dad." I smiled.

Lucas ran up and I waved goodbye.

"So we doing this?" I asked. He nodded and smiled.

I got on his back and prepared myself for the fast movement. I closed my eyes too.

Suddenly, Lucas started running, which startled me but I got used to it after a little while.

"How long do you think it's gonna take?" I managed to yell out.

"10 minutes maybe?" He yelled. "Sorry about that." He laughed.

I endured a full 10 minutes of fast motion and Lucas laughing at how bad I was taking this.

Once we finally got to Times Square he let me down and I stumbled while trying to regain my balance.

"Lucas this is not what we're here for." I glared at him and he stopped, but he kept smiling.

"Lucas!" Sabrina yelled from somewhere, I couldn't tell where, but damn was she loud.

Lucas's eyes widened and he turned around, seeing her run up to him.

He smiled and Sabrina jumped into his arms. He laughed a little and Sabrina moved her head from in his shoulder to right in front of him.

"Here we go." I mumbled under my breath.

She kissed him, as expected. I saw him smile into the kiss and I giggled a little.

"Get a room." Tessa said, walking up from behind me. 

Wait what.

I snapped my head back and saw Tessa and Aura smiling.

I ran to them and pulled them into a group hug, all of us laughing.

"Okay guys, should I tell you the plan I have sorted out?" I said.

They all nodded and I smirked.

I could hear noises from every direction, so I knew fights were still going on.

"I'm going to find Blake. I don't care if he's hopeless, I just, wanna be there." I took a breath and continued.

"Lucas, you and Sabrina go look around for anyone who may need help." They nodded and I turned towards Aura and Tessa.

"You guys do the same, but go the other direction. You'll cover more ground that way." Aura smiled.

"Sir yes sir!" She grinned.

We all smiled at each other and went our separate ways.

I tried to think of the area Blake was in, but I got frustrated when I couldn't remember the things around him.

I sprinted as fast as I could and took so many turns. The streets were completely empty, and every building was completely blank. No advertisements or anything.

I remembered a small detail about Blake's surroundings, so I kept running to find it.

I took a sharp turn and bumped into something, which made me fall back onto the ground.

I put a hand to my head and looked up. My eyes widened.

"Snow?" Blake yelled.

______________________

heyyyyyy :)

today's chapter was a bit rushed, but the rest of these chapters won't be this bad I promise.

Also, I want to know if you guys have any questions or loose ends you want tied up. I'll answer them in the comments.