Chapter 2

I walked into the office and sat down, waiting for someone to talk to me.

Soon enough, a nice lady whom i'd never seen before walked out of the office. I assumed she must be the students mom. I waited a little while longer and A boy walked out.

He had messy black hair, and beautiful grey eyes. If it were a normal high school I would have just thought he was a skater boy, but since it's here it must have something to do with his powers.

I stood up and shook his hand. "I'm Taylor Zoldyck." I said smiling. He didn't smile back though.

"Blake Turner." He said while rolling his eyes. I leaded him outside and decided to talk to him.

"Look, I don't want to do this tour any more than you do so if you stop acting so annoyed this will go faster." I said while walking back to the main area of the school.

"Feisty." He said and smirked.

I sighed and led him through the school.

Etefiara Academy looks really old fashioned. The material looks as if it should be a castle, and the interior is very vintage. But on the inside of the classrooms, futuristic technology is everywhere.

"This is the quad." I said pointing. "You can hang out here and eat here." I continued.

I showed him the inside, and I took him to his locker. The lockers require a touch pad password, so I showed him how to use it.

"I know how to use a touch pad." He said, looking at me.

"I just wanted to make sure. What if your power is stupidity? I wouldn't know." I said and laughed. He raised his eyebrows at me and I crossed my arms.

"Okay so I laugh at my own jokes. Whatever." I pouted, and he cracked a smile.

I showed him the classrooms, and it was like he was getting nicer very slowly.

Once I got to the gym, which nobody was in, I asked him what his power was.

"Do I have to tell you?" He questioned.

"I'm just curious." I said and looked at him.

"Fine. Look." He said. He made a hand motion and suddenly the lights turned off. I gasped and he laughed.

"You can control light?" I asked, my eyes starting to adjust.

"I can control the dark." He said, and I felt his hand touch my shoulder.

I jumped, and it caused him to laugh even more.

He fixed the lights and I groaned.

"Don't do that again." I said annoyed.

"But it was so fun!" He laughed, and I glared at him.

"You should have seen your face." He said and I raised my eyebrows. "I can see in the dark too." He added, and I nodded.

"Makes sense."

"Anyways, you classes start tomorrow. I'm leaving now." I said and made my way toward the door when he suddenly appeared in front of me.

"What the hell?" I said, stumbling backwards. He caught me and I pushed myself out of his arms.

"I can travel through shadows." He said, laughing at me again.

"Oh." I said again, feeling stupid.

This guy was getting on my nerves. I left the gym and tried to make my way toward my dorm. I saw Aura on the way, and since we're dormmates I asked her if she wanted to come.

She agreed, and on the way there I told her about Blake.

"He sounds like hes cute and mysterious." She says while smirking.

"He's annoying that's what he is." I said, rolling my eyes.

We got to the dorm and I took another shower, washing away any other germs that got to me after gym.

I finished in the shower and changed into a hoodie and sweats. I told Aura I was going out and made my way to the quad to study.

Once I got there I pulled out the superhero history book on my tablet and sat down under a tree in the shade.

"Hey."

"BLAKE WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled. I was used to being scared by Aura, but at least then I could hear her footsteps.

He laughed. I swear he only laughs when he scares me.

"Whatcha doinnn" He said as I sat down to continue studying.

"School." I said and started reading the chapter about the superhero league being formed.

"Sounds interesting." He said sarcastically.

"Mhm." I said, trying to focus. "You seem really boring." He said and I looked up at him.

"You seem really nice." I said, matching his sarcastic tone from before.

He sat down next to me so I moved over. "You hate me."

"I do." I said smiling.

"That's good." He said and I gave him a weird look.

"I want you to hate me. So that when I show you that I'm a better fighter than you you'll be extra mad." He smiled.

"How do you even know I'm a good fighter?" I asked, pursing my lips after I spoke.

"I just know." He said and disappeared into the shadows.

I groaned and went back to studying. Once I decided I was bored I called Aura.

"Wanna hang out with the team?" I asked her.

"Yeah I'll call them. See you at the dorm!" She said and hung up. I packed all of my things and started walking toward the dorm.

I walked past Liv, one of my friends, sitting alone.

"Hey Liv." I said sitting down beside her.

"Why are you talking to me?" She questions.

"Um.."

"I'm kidding chill out." She said and I sighed in relief.

"So whats up?" I asked. "Nothing. I'm just drawing." She said while looking at her tablet. "Sounds fun." I said. Our conversations usually end like this. I love her but it always seems like she doesn't want to talk to me.

"So where are you going?" She asked. "Just going to my dorm." I said and stood up. "Anyways I have to go."

"Oh wait." She said and I turned back toward her.

"You were the one that gave that guy Blake a tour right?" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah, why?"

"I don't know I just thought he looked off when he was walking in the halls today." She said and I laughed.

"Hes just moody, don't mind him." I assure her, even though she doesn't need any assuring.

"Okay well see ya!" I said and she waved goodbye as I walked.