Chapter 45

BLAKE'S POV:

"Now now, let's not do something we'll regret." Kendron said, looking at Adrielle.

I swiftly glanced at her and she rolled her eyes.

I gritted my teeth and unclenched my fist.

"Don't hurt anyone else." Adrielle said, her arms crossed.

"Of course." Kendron gave her a loving smile, to which she responded with a small laugh.

They've always had the weirdest relationship to me. He would do something bad, and she would forgive him instantly if he did anything remotely nice.

I never knew anything other than toxic relationships. I thought it was normal until I found out social media was a thing.

I once questioned Adrielle, but she wouldn't give me a straight answer.

"Why do you stay with Kendron? I know he's super cool and all, but he doesn't treat you very well." I said.

"Well, I don't really know. I just know that deep down, he does love me. He has weird ways of showing it, but I trust him." She smiled to herself as she spoke.

14 year old me was smart enough to know that she was just telling herself that to make her feel better. That she truly didn't know if he loved her or not.

Until a more recent day, just a year ago, he did something nobody would have ever expected from him.

We were about to be caught by a couple heroes. One of them was threatening to take Adrielle's life, his hand to her neck.

"NO." I yelled, desperately trying to reach for her.

I pulled a shadow to my hand and shot it towards the asshole, but he dodged.

I looked at Adrielle, a voice in my head almost begging her to use her power. I knew it would be dangerous for her to, but I couldn't deal with it anymore.

"Please. Take me instead. I'm the leader." Kendron pleaded. I could tell it was genuine.

Usually he had a plan. But this time, this time was different.

"Don't hurt her." Kendron fell to his knees, gritting his teeth.

The man slowly loosened his grip on Adrielle, and I sprung into action.

I shot a small shadow into his eye, and Adrielle dashed away just in time. I smiled and ran to fight the man. I defeated him easily, so I left him, giving Maniac the chance to finish him off.

I ran back to Adrielle, only to find her in Kendron's arms, both of them crying. Kendron was crying significantly less than Adrielle, but he was still crying.

He had never cried or showed barely any emotion in all of the years I'd known him. And on that day, I realized that on the rare occasion he did show emotion, it was because of her.

"Earth to Blake?" Adrielle waved her hand in front of my eyes, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, what." I said.

"We should get going now. The heroes will be here any minute." She replied as she moved away from me.

"I'll give you some alone time." Her eyes basically screamed.

I nodded and she walked out of the room, practically dragging Kendron out with her.

"Why..." Taylor started. "Why don't you leave them?"

I sighed and looked towards her, towards everybody.

"They're like family. They care about me. I don't want to hurt them."

"They didn't seem to care about you when they drugged you." She scoffed.

"That was different, they just wanted to make sure I wouldn't do anything bad-"

"You DID do something bad. You acted like Dylan." Taylor yelled, but got quieter as she said the last part.

My eyes widened a little and I stepped back, unable to process things.

"I-I'm sorry."

"No. You're not sorry." Sabrina rolled her eyes.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." Taylor sighed, drooping her head down.

"I'm probably not going to see any of you again after this, so let me just say one thing to each of you. Please." I looked at the ground, hoping for an answer.

"I say go ahead." Taylor said quietly. I looked up and the rest of them nodded.

"Lucas, I really appreciate everything you've done for me. I should have been nicer to you. And I'm sorry you had to go through this. As for your leg, here." I said. I moved to the handcuffs and released him from them, allowing him to heal himself.

He gave me a soft smile and I continued.

"Aura, I love your positivity, and I wish I'd met you sooner. It probably would have helped to have you to talk to. I'm really, really sorry." I closed my eyes as I spoke.

"I don't forgive you, but seeing as I won't see you in a while, I guess I don't hate you completely. I understand it isn't fully your fault." Aura smiled with her teeth for what I believe was the first time since before all of this.

"Tessa. We kind of understood each other since we met. Both mysterious with bad backgrounds I suppose. You turned out great though. I admire you." I sighed again.

Tessa nodded and she let out a breath, allowing her mouth to curve into the smallest smile.

"Sabrina, I don't know much about you, but you're pretty badass and observant."

"Damn right." She rolled her eyes.

"And you too Liv. I promise I did everything I could to make sure they wouldn't hurt everyone."

Liv smiled and I moved toward Taylor.

"Sno-" I quickly corrected myself. "Taylor. You're the one who should never forgive me. I betrayed you the most out of everyone here. But, I just want you to know, that even if you don't anymore, I-" I started.

"I love you too."

Taylor's mouth opened, but she quickly closed it and looked away from me.

I walked toward the doorway and put my hand on it, turning back towards them one final time.

"Goodbye. I'll miss you."

_____________________

A/N: one of the cringiest chapters I've written so far. My god. Anyways. :)

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating! School's been kicking my ass and I have no motivation for a lot of things, but I'm trying to get back into it!

Thank you all for making it this far lol.