Chapter 57

TAYLOR'S POV:

"Taylor?" I heard Lucas yell as he ran towards me and Blake.

We had just gotten up and were starting to walk somewhere, anywhere.

"Shit are you guys okay?" Lucas said, his voice laced with worry.

Sabrina caught up and stood to the side, her sword in hand. She had a cut on her face, and it looked like it was still bleeding.

"We have to get out of here. Where's Aura and Tessa?" I asked them, but they just shrugged.

"God this is all my fault. I need to fix this." Blake said under his breath, to which I glared at him.

"You definitely do, but right now we need to focus on getting out of here alive!" I stated, my voice firm.

Blake just kept his head low and nodded, while Lucas and Sabrina were trying to think.

"Well they went the other way so we should probably check there." Sabrina suggested.

"I'll go around the city and find them. You guys stay here. You're already really injured." Lucas said, and he sped off.

"What happened to you guys?" I asked Sabrina.

"Just some backup villains. A water villain was there too. Tidal Wave I think. She got away though." Sabrina sighed.

I rolled my eyes at Tidal Wave's name and Sabrina widened her eyes.

"Wait so that's the villain that attacked you?" She connected the dots.

"Yeah." I confirmed her suspicions.

"So, what happened to you guys, if I may ask. And isn't that Blake's dad?" She said, pointing to the body on the floor a few feet away.

"I found Blake, his dad attacked us, and that's about it." I answered her, and she only nodded.

Lucas came back and he only panted, shaking his head.

"I couldn't find them." He said, trying to catch his breath.

"Of course you couldn't find them." I heard a voice say, and I quickly recognized it as the leader of the villain league.

Blake kept his head down, but he was balling his fists.

"What did you do?" I yelled as him and Vapora emerged from smoke.

"I didn't do anything. I just discovered them and restrained them." He smiled.

Blake gritted his teeth and looked up, stepping forward as he did so.

"What the fuck did I say about not hurting my friends?" He yelled, startling me a little bit.

Tidal Wave then emerged, with Aura in one hand and Tessa in the other.

My eyes widened and started to fill with tears when I noticed that Tessa wasn't moving.

"She's fine! I think!" Aura yelled out. Her voice sounded defeated.

"Maniac doesn't apply to that rule. Speaking of him, I thought that girl killed him! He's okay now, just gathering strength." The leader answered Blake.

"I tried to stop him Blake. But I-" Vapora started to talk, but the leader put a hand in front of her, which made her flinch.

Blake got visibly more angry.

"And you know what else we have?" The leader laughed.

Vapora furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and that's when I got even more scared then I already was.