Chapter 20

Madison Ivery

Before I take a case and go to the accused and tell them that I will fight for them, there are two ways that I make sure that I make the right decision. The evidence and my gut feeling. Those two come hand in hand in my world. If the other one is not in sync with the other one, that's when I know that it's not worth it to fight.

Right now, I have neither and yet, I am on my way to the Police Station where they're holding Alejandro. The minute the Officer told me, where he is. I had this instinct to go to him, right away. Even if it means, not having those two because he's more than just a freaking client to me. He's the man that I love.

"Wala na bang ibibilis 'to?" Tanong ko kay Janna, she's driving and there is also a car of security people following us.

"Ms, I am trying to avoid a speeding ticket. In that way, we could be there, faster." She replied.

Tumango ako.

I sighed inwardly and leaned on the leather chair. My heart is pounding in my chest, there's that nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach, because I don't know what I'm about to see. I am basically going in blind. I did not know shit about what happened to him. All I know is that he didn't do it, there is no way that he did what he's been accused of.

"Ms. There are hives of media at the entrance." Sabi ni Janna nang papalapit na kami. "We can go to the back entrance.

"Puttana." I cussed under my breath as I saw the cameras and the freaking hives of reporters. Of course, it's a big story. Five people were dead and there was only one person of interest.

"It's fine."

Inabot ko ang aking Fendi handbag at inayos ang bago kong brown na work jacket, I had to change to another pair of pant suit because there were Carmel's blood on the other one.

"Harmonia is about to head out, in your positions." I heard her say on her walking talkie before two women and a man pushed the reporter's to the side. Mabilis na bumaba si Janna at binuksan ang pinto.

I winced as the flashes and the mixed voices of the media hit my senses.

"Attorney, talaga ba na kukuhanin mo ang kaso ni--"

"Attorney Del Russo--"

"Alejandro Kutznetzov killed five innocent--"

I whipped my head out and glared at the young man beside me, holding a microphone.

"Allegedly, god, how can you be a reporter and not get your facts right?" I sneered at him and basically ran inside the police station before they could even ask me stupid and mindless questions.

"Ms. I'll be right here." Janna said as we entered the establishment. Pamilyar sa akin ang puting mga dingding at ang mga nakaunipormeng mga pulis. I walked to the reception. I looked around, he's not in the waiting area.

They are questioning him without a lawyer. Fùcking shit.

I gritted my teeth as I walked to the front desk. There's a young woman, who's in a uniform.

"I'm Alejandro Kutznetzov's lawyer. Where is he?" Mariin kong tanong.

"Attorney Del Russo--"

"Where is Alejandro Kutznetzov?" I cut her off. "I am his lawyer." This time it's even emphasized.

Her lips quivered.

"I-Interrogation room, right side. Third room."

"Thank you." Sagot ko at mabilis na naglakad patungo doon. Every cop that I pass by is giving me looks but I don't really give a fùck. I strode towards the metal door. I pushed it open and saw an Officer, in his late thirties, tall, dark, and short hair. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa name plate niya. Adonis. He's glaring at Alejandro.