Chapter 19

Madison Ivery

"Why are we here?! We need to go inside the hospital. You are fucking bleeding!" I said in panic as I followed her through the dimmed parking lot. Her other arm is pressing on her wound to stop the bleeding and yet her jacket is soaking with blood.

"I know but we cannot stay here, it's not safe." Sagot niya at naglakad papunta sa driver's seat. "We can't go to your house because, hell, they might be there too..we have to go to your parent's house. There are fuckton of security there. Where you are safe.."

My heart is pounding in fear. I have a lot of freaking questions but she's right.

"Don't just stand there, get my keys from my pocket."

"B-but your arm.."

She smiled weakly.

"Don't worry about my wound. Marami pa akong natamo na mas malala dito, dati. Trust me. Just get the keys, please."

I nodded and walked to her, I quickly searched her keys from her pocket. Clutching my handbag on my shoulders, I entered the car as she walked around through the passenger's seat. I threw my bag on the backseat but for a moment I was in awe. Her car is not just a car. She has fucking turbo tanks and other buttons and screens. Jesus.

"Let's go." She said making me snap out and actually start the car.

As I navigated out of the parking lot, Three armored vehicles, suited men and women were in the scene. The car of the mob is no longer there. Baha ang daan dahil nabangga ang fire hydrant, dahilan parang mag-leak ang tubig. May mga tao din sa labas ng caution tape, kumukuha sila ng mga litrato ngunit wala ng mga katawan o dugo. It's all cleaned up, as if the fire hydrant just broke.

"I am part of the Philippine Central Reconnaissance. We were formerly known as the Special forces of the National Bureau of Investigation, however, we expanded and so, we have our own sector now..and Those people out there...are my team and backup.." She said when she noticed that I look confuse as fuck. "Kailangan nilang linisin ang lugar dahil involve ang mafia, the local news center or any media outlet cannot know that the Roshka mob is behind the shooting. It will cause panic and distress to the people...and we are the one who's gonna handle it."

I absentmindedly nodded. I remember when I was younger, Mama mentioned that Tita Miranda was a former Special Agent. I never thought that Carmel would follow her footsteps because she was so passionate about medicine. I never thought that she would do both.

"S-so, like y-you're like Tita Miranda?" I asked as we passed the cars.

She hummed and nodded.

"I still have a lot of questions."

She chuckled a bit.

"Understandable. I will try to answer it once we get to the house...because, right now is not a good time." She hissed as she answered. Her face is distorted with pain.

"Yeah, I can see that...but seriously dude, what the fuck? You risked your life for me..I don't know how to thank you. Goddamn, you made yourself a human shield out there."

A chuckle passed through her pink thick lips.

"Just help me get away with murder, someday." Pabirong sagot niya.

"Fuck, yes." Natatawang sagot ko.

She observed our surroundings as we drove to my parent's house. Mabilis kaming nakarating doon. We were greeted by the security past the gate. I stopped and rolled down my windows and greeted Keylinda. She's wearing a gray blouse and it's neatly tucked in her slacks.