1. The Creepy Guy

Melissa's Pov:

"Yes Mom, you have said this for like twenty times!
Don't worry I am all fine. It has been one week since I came here, Mom. I have learned to live by myself. Your daughter is all grown-up." I said while closing the windows of my room and walking towards my bed.

"I know honey. But it's just you have never been away from us. And tomorrow is your first day at university. I just don't want my daughter to face any problem."

"I know mom. Love you! Sleep now it's 11 pm here that means there it's already midnight.
Oh, Mom! Go to sleep, you have to go to work tomorrow." I said slightly annoyed at her for not taking care of herself.

"Yes honey, I will sleep but promise to call me in the morning while on your way to university."

"I promise, now sleep and love ya, all three of you. Muah!"

"Love u too honey, sleep soundly and don't be late tomorrow okay, muaahh"

The call ended and I grab my teddy from the bed and hug it tightly, remembering my dad, my little sister Rose and Mom. Tears start to form in my eyes and my phone rings startling me.

I look at the phone with blurred vision. I wipe off my tears with the back of my left hand now getting a clear vision of the screen which is displaying Ella's name.

Ella is my new friend and now we are close enough to call each other besties. She is kind and very opposite to my nature. I like to talk low and quiet. But she is outspoken. She speaks loudly and is friendly to everyone.

I remember my first day. I met her at the airport when I was waiting for the cab. She was standing a few steps away from me. She walked towards me with a worried expression.

*Flashback*

"Excuse me! Can you please help me with booking a cab? My phone's switched off."

She was like 5'8 in height with blonde hair and bangs covering her forehead. She wore tight black jeans which showed her little curves at the hip and a crop top of light pink shade. She had dark brown eyes and plump lips making her a hottie to look at.

"O-oh yeah sure! Where are you headed to?" I asked while first taking a look at her then into my phone trying to book a cab for her.

"Abbey Road, Cottonwood Hostel Number 4."

I frowned and asked her if she was in Cottonwood Medical University.

"Yes, I am new here. It's my first year." She said as she flashes a small smile.

"Oh well, it's my first year as well. And I am heading to the same address. Mind sharing the ride?" I asked with a little nervousness.

I was happy inside that I got to meet someone from the same university so soon. And she seemed friendly. I hoped that we could be good friends.

"Would love to dear..."
She said with excitement shining in her eyes.

"We haven't exchanged our names yet.
So dumb of me! Well, I am Ella Brown." She said as she gestured her hand forward.

"Myself Melissa, Melissa Anderson"

We shook our hand and soon the cab arrived, the driver got our luggage in and we sat in the backseat.

"So, you are from France I guess." She said, but it sounded more like a question though.

"Mm, yeah, and you from Scotland I think?" I tried guessing by her accent. My father had this Scottish friend, so I knew the accent all too well.