7. Rules

"Talk with your Mom. And look there, kitten. One wrong word and she will die and so will you." He speaks while pointing towards Andrew who is holding a sharp knife against Ella's throat.

Tears well up in my eyes. This time it is a mix of emotions. I am happy that I am going to talk to my mom but I am sad that I can't tell her anything. How am I supposed to hide my emotion? What reason should I give her for not calling her? All of the questions keep running in my head. And what if she caught me lying? He will kill Ella. Oh God what am I supposed to do and how should I?

"B-but what if she caught me lying. And so many days have passed and I have not called her. W-what should I tell her?" I ask him weakly.

He laughs out loudly making me feel more weak and vulnerable.

"Who told you that many days have passed, Kitten? Not even a single day has passed. It's 4:30 now. And today is still our first day of university. Only half a day has passed." He says in the midst of laughing.

"WHAT? Not even a single day?" I asked in utter shock.

Oh God! Not a single day passed. That means nobody would have noticed me going missing. That means the only hope of people trying to find me is not anymore. Only one day passed and it feels like weeks and months passed. How am I supposed to live here for another day? Each passing minute feels like an eternity here. Help me God, help me!

He dials in my lock screen password making me go into another shock.

"He knows my password also. Holy crap! Exactly how much does he know about me?"

"I know you more than your own self My Love" he whispers in my ear making me realise that I spoke loudly enough for it to be audible.

He calls my Mom and puts the phone on the speaker. He warns me again not to give her any hint or else Ella will....

"MELISSA! I told you to call me when you are free. Were you so busy that you can't even drop me a text? And what's with not receiving my calls? Where are you? Even Ella is not picking the call. Answer me Mel." She shouts with a care filled voice.

Tears threaten to spill once again hearing her voice. I want to run to her and hug her tightly. I want to cry all out. Her voice is full of worry. I try to speak but no word dares to come out of my mouth.

Blake holds my tied arm abruptly, giving me a death glare. I gulp down the lump formed in my throat nervously.

"S-sorry Mom. It's just that today is our first day. So I met new people in university. A-and on the first day itself they gave us a lot of projects. So I and Ella were busy preparing the presentation which w-we had to submit tomorrow. I didn't keep track of time. Sorry mom. And my phone was also in the bag and I forgot to turn off the silent mode. Sorry." I speak cautiously not wanting to give her a single hint.
One wrong word will be getting her killed.

I hope my mom bought my excuse. I don't want her to dig into any further as I know I will make mistakes if I keep talking with her.

"Oh! Okay honey. But make sure to call me whenever you are free. I just want my little girl to be safe and happy. Love you honey. Study well and be happy, my girl."

Tears started running down my cheeks now.

"Love you too Mom. You also stay safe and be happy." I say controlling my tears but they just keep streaming down my face.

"What happened Mel? Why are you crying? Is something wrong?" Mom asks anxiously.

I see Andrew's grip getting stronger on the knife. I look at Blake to get a deadly glare in return. I quickly came up with an excuse.