12. Hope

Mark's POV:

"Aren't you coming Mark?"
Charles yells from the exit door.

"Um.. yeah yeah coming," I reply as I pick up my bag which is lying on the floor, and jog to him.

"Do you like Melissa? Don't even think of lying. I already saw everything." He asks with a raised eyebrow, curiosity dripping from his face.

"Umm, yeah and No. I mean I like her but she already belongs to Blake. So maybe I should not go for her." I blurt it out, not knowing how to respond.

"You are right but who says that she will be with him forever." He smirks.

"Let's talk about this later. You head to the biochem department, I will catch up soon. I gotta change into my regular clothes." We part our ways as we almost reach the changing room.

I take few more steps and stop dead in tracks when I hear a low but clear voice, a very familiar voice. I silently eavesdrop while standing behind the wall which heads in the direction of the changing room.

I peak slightly and see the very two people whom I was talking about a few seconds back... One I knew since childhood, Blake, and the other one is the girl whom I like or maybe love.

"I was going to tell you this later on. But I think you need to know this right now so that you learn to behave." Blake speaks and I frown.

What exactly he is talking about? I look at Melissa, she looks like a scared child. Blake towers her and she looks compliant and weak with her small frame quivering.

I have known Blake since childhood as my mom knew his mother. I don't have a memory of him but after her mother's death, my mom told me once that we should never interfere with Blake and his family. I have asked her a lot of times as to how she knows her, how they met but she only cuts the topic by saying that Blake's dad is too powerful and dangerous. And nobody in the town is allowed to talk about her deceased wife.

All these things are still a puzzle for me. And I can't even ask her anymore as I promised her that I won't be digging into this any further.

"What are you t-talking about?"
I could feel the fear in her voice. She looks scared and shocked, but why would she be scared of her boyfriend? This doesn't look like a happy couple relation. I am sure something is off.

"You remember the call I made Mel? The work is already done, baby. Our Ella can't talk anymore....."

Wait what! What did he say? Did I hear it correctly? Ella can't talk anymore... what exactly does he mean by that? I mean, did he do something bad, or possibly committed a crime? Considering the fact, that he and his family can get away with any crime he commits, he possibly could have done it.

She looks terrified, her face looks horror. All the beautiful shades of her face now look pale. The once so breath-taking smile of hers is nowhere visible on her pretty face. She doesn't deserve him. I will not let her be with him anymore. He is a psychotic monster just like I heard about his Dad. But this has to end, I am gonna get Melissa from him. I will bring her out to the light from the darkness he had push her into. But now is not the right time. I can't act so impulsively. I have to make a proper plan but before that, I must talk to Melissa first. I have to know everything which is going on in her life. I am going to give her hope which she seems to have lost.

I look around and see empty corridors as there's no one around because the next class has already started. It's just Blake, Melissa, and I. And luckily they don't have any clue about my presence. She slaps him leaving a beautiful handprint on his face. I laugh mentally and cheer for her. This is what he deserves. It serves him right. Go girl, kick him in the balls now.