Chapter 73.

"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just need one person." -Kermit, The Frog

Niall's POV

I loudly groan as Ana walks out of the door. I pace around the room, trying to think of something that I can possibly do to stop her but I fail, perceiving that no matter what I say, she's going to go. I know, I'm probably overreacting but I can't help it. Ever since that night at the bar, I'm fucking petrified to let her out of the house alone, knowing that bastard is out there, attempting to hurt her.

Why does she always have to be so fucking difficult and never listen to what I say? Can't she see how hard it gets when she behaves like this? Sometimes I feel like she purposely doesn't want to understand me and I completely hate that feeling. I love her so much that I'm terrified of anything happening to her and I just wished that she could see it.

For how long I stare in the space, I don't know, but my reverie breaks when I hear my phone ring. Thinking that it must be Ana, I quickly reach my phone. Tommo flashes on the screen and I sigh before picking it up. "Louis," I mumble, massaging my forehead.

"Hello, there," He answers, sounding chirpier than usual. "So, about Becca-"

"What about her?" I curiously ask, cutting him off.

"You know her," He states and I frown, shaking my head to myself. I don't remember knowing a Becca, ever. "You hooked up with her."

I incredulously scoff. "And of course, I wouldn't know who I slept with," I sarcastically speak. "I told you-"

"Rebecca," He asserts and my eyes momentarily widen before a frown touches them. "Rebecca, Becca, ring a bell?" Rebecca? Why would she even do it? It isn't like we ever had something going on, it was just a stupid mistake that happened more than a year ago! I barely even know her. I don't want to sound rude but she looks too dumb to pull something like this off. She's a promiscuous and a narcissistic airhead so it's really hard to believe the information I just received.

"You must be mistaken, Louis. There's no way in the world she could do something like this! It's hard to believe," I groan when Louis cuts me off and asks me to think about it again. I replay my every encounter with her in my mind. I had only met her a couple of times before knowing Ana and around six times after that and now I can't help but think that it was because of Ana. I always thought that every time I saw her, it was just a coincidence but now I'm forced to think otherwise. She showed up at the mall and my office a couple of times on a Sunday but that could've just been a stroke of luck. I also remember Tristan mentioning how Rebecca knew things about me and Ana that I don't remember telling her. Now that I think about it, "Oh. But why the fuck would she even do this? It doesn't make sense. I don't even fucking know her, for the love of God!"

"I don't know Niall but I talked to Tristan a while back and she told me about her showing up at your office and I just joined the dots today while I was going through um- some stuff," He mutters and I frown.

"Why did you talk with Tris?" I inquire.

"Ahem. That's not important," He says after a while and I shake it off. What's important right now is Ana's safety. I promised her that I'll always protect her and never let anyone hurt her. So, I feel very scared now, knowing that she is out and have absolutely no idea how detrimental Rebecca possibly can be.

"I'll talk later, Louis. I have to call Ana." I sigh, pressing my hand against my cheeks and he hums.

"Okay, but remember the person you least expect to do something like this, is the person who's been planning to do it for the longest." I frown at his words, but before I can ask anything, he hangs up.