Chapter 55.

“You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant” -Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Niall's POV

I tiredly open my eyes when I feel a hand massaging my head. Ana's wide awake beside me, a frown etched upon her lips. She doesn't notice that I'm awake and continues to play with my hair before smoothing her fingers down to trace my face. As soothing as it is, I can't help but worry about what she's thinking about. Waking up a bit before seven in the morning is very unlikely of her.

"Ana?" I whisper, loud enough for her to hear. She stops her actions before looking at me.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" She inquires, yanking her hand away from my head, and I shake my head, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Are you alright? What are you doing up so early?" I implore her, subconsciously drawing undefined patters on her bare skin.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just cannot sleep." She shrugs before pushing her face in the crook of my neck, ending the conversation right there.

Not satisfied with the outcome, I gently shake her before pinching her chin and making her look at me. "Tell me what it is," I beseech her. "What's bugging you?"

"You don't have to worry about it, Niall," She replies. "I promise." Releasing her chin from my grasp, she kisses my jaw. "It's work related."

I scan her face for a few seconds before mumbling an 'Okay'. Pulling her back into my chest and curling my arms around her figure, I kiss the top of her head a couple of times. "Sleep, love." I stroke her hair as she gets comfortable in my arms. I feel her lips touch my collarbone and a smile forms on my lips.

Her breathing becomes calmer and she soon starts to snore, a little. Her warm breath against my neck, her bare body pressed against mine and her legs over my waist helps me to get into a deep slumber.

I wake up again after a couple of hours. Untangling my limbs from Ana's, I head towards the en suite to take a shower. I start washing myself before I hear a knock on the door. Ana walks into the bathroom, looking exquisitely beautiful and innocent, standing there naked with bed hair. I stare at her as she prances towards me, like a sexy vixen, ironic to what she was looking like just a mere seconds ago.

I take a deep breath when she steps into the shower behind me. I'll never fucking get over how beautiful she is, naked and clothed. She's heavenly, a goddess, having an imperfectly perfect body.

She curls her arms around my waist and rests her cheek against my back. We stand under the shower for a while before I turn into her arms, looking down at her as water drops from my hair onto her face.

"I love you," Ana says, cupping my cheeks. I put my hand on top of hers before leaning into her touch, a small smile touching my lips.

I bring her hand to my lips before kissing it multiple times. "I love you too, my sexy woman." She chortles before encasing me in her arms and keeping her cheek against my chest. I rest my chin on top of her head and hold her close to my body.

I feel at peace whenever she holds me like I'm the most important person in her life, whenever I'm with her, I'm happy.

I help Ana wash her before washing myself and wrapping a towel each around us. She dresses up in a black skinny jeans along with a cream, wool top since it's getting colder, matching it with a pair of white sneakers. I stare at her the whole time and she laughs before shaking her head and asking me to get dressed.