Chapter 7.

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I'm both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Ana's POV

I stare at his retreating back, hoping that maybe he'll turn around and say something one last time, but he doesn't.

I feel my eyes become glossy, but I quickly dab them with the hem of my T-shirt. I take a deep breath and walk back inside the room, closing the door behind me. I don't even understand why I feel this way, maybe it is because I've never been treated so normally before. Whatever it is, I want my thoughts to disappear. I don't want to think about it. I don't want to miss him.

I keep repeating in my head that he didn't mean anything to me, like a mantra, since we didn't know each other for more than twenty-four hours. Maybe I would've been better off if I didn't meet him in the first place and if he wasn't this nice with me.

I keep reminding myself that I'll be okay. I don't need anyone and me and my baby will get through anything in our way.

I stroll towards the bed and sit on it. I take my phone from the nightstand, which I forgot to switch off yesterday. My phone is blown up with calls and messages and voicemails just like I expected it to be. I deleted all the notifications except for one, from an unknown number, that catches my attention. A shiver runs down my whole body as I read it.

'You're gonna pay, baby'

I subconsciously gulp as I read the message again. It cannot be from him, can it? It's not him. It's just a wrong message sent to the wrong person. Yeah. Probably.

'Not.' My subconscious peeks from behind the sofa where she has been hiding for the past day and I tell her to shut up.

I ignore my subconscious thought, the message and keep my phone back to its place, forgetting why I picked it up in the first place. I take my laptop that is resting on my bed and surf through it to find a place that I can rent, in London. It is already after midnight when I find a match, in a decent area. It looked big enough for us to stay in. It was completely furnished and under my budget. I send them a request telling them that I need it tomorrow and fortunately, they replied telling me that I can.

A yawn escapes my lips and I feel myself getting closer to my sleep. I shut my laptop off and slid my pants down my legs and wear my cotton night pants. I remove my bra from under my T-shirt and keep it near my bag. I duck under the covers, switch the side lamp off and close my eyes. This is the first time in a whole week that I am ready to let sleep take over me completely.

I groan as the sun rays hit my face. I sit upright on the bed after my eyes adjust to the light. My damp hair sticks on my face and my eyes wander in the empty room. I push my hair away from my cheeks, throw the sheets off of me and walk towards the bathroom. I freshen up, brush my teeth and take a well needed hot shower that let my mind relax for a few minutes. My stomach growls just as I step outside the bathroom and I'm suddenly reminded of that Irish, pale and beautiful guy who I'll never meet again.

I close my eyes momentarily and take a long breath before opening them again. I get dressed in a denim jeans and a black T-shirt along with my converse and pack my bag, after checking the room to make sure I didn't leave anything. I carry my bag outside the room and lock the door behind me.

I haul my bag down the stairs and hand the keys to Roger before thanking him and bidding my farewell. I stroll towards the parking lot before I hear feet following me. I snap my head back but see the empty roads, so I resume my walk. I hear the sound again and try to fast walk, but only hear the voice getting louder and closer to me. I turn back around to find no one, once again. Maybe I'm just paranoid.