Chapter 17: Lapis' Destiny

Princess Lapis ambled down the halls until she found the door that led to Emperor White Diamond's throne room. She cracked it open and quietly slipped inside. The room was pitch dark and quiet. Almost too quiet.

"Greetings, little girl." the villain's chilling voice echoed. "I've been expecting you."

Chills ran down the half genie's spine and then, the entire throne room became illuminated. Lapis turned around and saw the evil emperor sitting on his throne.

"White Diamond." the heroine glared at her enemy.

"Princess Lapis Lazuli." White smiled wickedly. "It's a honor to finally meet you for the first and last time."

"Well, that's a coincidence." Lapis shot back. "Because I was thinking the same thing!"

She charged at her uncle with a magical attack, screaming as she did. The villain of course, confidently deflected the attack; knocking her into the wall.

"Okay, that was stupid." the hybrid girl groaned as regained her stance.

"Do you honestly think that you of all genies can stand up to my power?" White Diamond taunted.

"I am NOT afraid of you!" Lapis yelled, undeterred by the emperor's taunt.

"You should be!" he snarled. "It's just a pity that you've come so far from home just perish in my palace."

"Spoiler alert." the young princess retorted. "This isn't your palace, it's mine! And I will do everything in my power to take it back!"

She called her flying carpet and rode it as she started firing magic again. White Diamond may have been caught off guard before, but Lapis wasn't going to let that happen again. And when the genie emperor got offensive, our heroine was ready. The villain was surprised by how well this half genie with little training in magic was standing her ground.

But of course being human, Lapis was burning her energy fast. She was starting to tire herself out.

"Poor child." White Diamond cooed. "You must be exhausted. Do you not wish to rest?"

"I know what you're doing and it won't work." the hybrid girl panted. "As long as I can feel the energy of every one I love, I won't rest until you are dethroned."

She got her second wind and went back into battle.

Meanwhile, Blue Diamond and Greg were sitting in a prison cell together, keeping each other company. All of a sudden, they heard footsteps as a group approached the cell.

"Your Majesty?" an indigo genie whispered.

"Blue Zircon." the genie queen beamed. "I knew you were as loyal as ever."

"You might want to stand back." Garnet said as she used her magic to melt the wrought-iron door.

The genie queen and her husband emerged after days of confinement.

"Mom! Dad!" Steven exclaimed.

"Steven!?" Greg said in surprise when he saw his son.

The teenager rushed up to hug both of his parents.

"How did you get here?" asked Blue Diamond. "Wait. Where is your sister?"

"She went to fight White Diamond... on her own." Steven answered solemnly.

"No." the genie queen gasped. "My daughter is not prepared to fight that demon. She'll be killed."

"Don't think the worst yet, honey." Greg comforted his wife.

"Let's go." Steven proclaimed. "Lapis needs us."

Back in the throne room, Lapis was still fighting against White Diamond, but one of her adversary's attack had knocked her down. The villain then took the opportunity to finish the job while the heroine was temporarily subdued.

"I've been looking forward to this for a long time." White sneered as he raised a hand charged with dark magic.

But then, the Daydream Knight jumped out of nowhere with his saber blocking the emperor from descending on Lapis.

"Get away from her!" the protector ordered.

White found this human too tediously easy to take out and it took was one attack and he was struck down.

"Daydream Knight!" the young genie hybrid cried out.

"Foolish human." White Diamond growled. "You should not have gotten involved in this."

Lapis quickly rushed to her human guardian to make sure that he was okay.

"Why did you do that?" she asked with tears in her eyes. "I told you not to come after me."

"Force of habit." the Daydream Knight said weakly.

"You hurt him!" Lapis shouted angrily at White.

"See what this futile resistance has led to?" the evil emperor jeered. "Your friends have left you alone. Your family is lost. All of this is your fault."

"No, that's not true." the genie princess disagreed.

"Oh, but it is." White Diamond beguiled. "It's your fault that your powers alerted me that you were alive. It's your fault that you ran away and made yourself vulnerable. Your fault that you were born. Your fault that after I'm done with you, I'll conquer your precious human world."

"STOP GETTING IN MY HEAD!" Lapis screamed, clutching the sides of her head.

"Poor, sweet girl." her uncle tantalized. "So young, so beautiful. I almost feel sorry for you. I do think it's time for you to rest."

"Quit saying that!" the young girl snapped. "You will never make me rest!"

"That's where you're wrong." White pointed out. "I know that you're a rare exception in the genie/human wish granting law. You're as capable of granting wishes for other genies as you are of granting them for humans."

His niece did not like where he was going with this.

"So that means, you have to make whatever I wish for come true." he continued. "And I wish that you would fall into a deep sleep from which you will never awaken from."

"That's terrible!" Lapis cried. "I will never grant a wish like that!"

"Yes, you will." her evil uncle replied. "You know you can't fight it."

The poor princess tried her hardest to resist granting this cruel wish, but it proved to be impossible. Her fingers snapped and the sound echoed through the halls.

"No!" she yelled as the inevitable unfolded.

All of a sudden, a warm wave of drowsiness began to wash over Lapis as her eyelids began to weigh themselves down. The young hybrid fought back against the urge to give in to slumber. Unfortunately, she was fighting a losing battle with the power of the emperor's wish. Her body dropped to her knees and fell to the side as her eyes drooped shut and she slipped into the dark void of sleep, permanently.

"Sleep well, child." White Diamond chuckled evilly. "And now to put you out of your misery."

Again, he raised his hands full of dark magic to descend upon the sleeping genie princess; ready to end the bloodline of his sister-in-law once and for all.