Chapter 16: Loopy Princess

The Daydream Knight opened the door just a crack and he, Steven, and the genie peeked inside Jasper's bed chamber. Princess Lapis was there alright and so was the wicked prince.

The genie hybrid was wearing a provocative outfit and Jasper was feeling up every inch of her exposed skin. And the craziest thing was that Lapis was actually enjoying this.

"Time for you to surrender those creamy lips of yours to me." the suitor breathed, eager to make things more interesting.

Without a smidge of hesitation, Lapis and Jasper locked lips with each other and were making out. The kiss was hot and passionate, and it looked like there was some tongue involved.

The spying genies and humans watched through the door crack with faces flushed and hearts racing.

"No amount of therapy can ever help me unsee that." Steven said, feeling disturbed.

"How could Lapis could do something like this?" the Daydream Knight felt betrayed. "I was expecting her to chained up against the wall."

"She's not doing this of her own freewill." Garnet told him. "She's under Jasper's control. I can sense it."

Silently, the rescue team snuck into the room one-by-one and ducked behind the furniture. For some reason, there were thick fumes wafting through the quarters that emanated from a fancy hookah. It made it hard for the boys to keep quiet without coughing.

The lascivious makeout session between Jasper and Lapis was brought to a halt when a sound summoned the dark prince.

"Jasper, I need to have a word with you." White Diamond's voice called.

"Coming, Father." his son sighed heavily.

He carried the mesmerized princess bridal style over to his bed for her rest upon.

"Wait for me, my beloved." Jasper cooed, running his fingers through his hair. "I'll only be a moment. In time, we'll show Father how wrong he is to destroy you."

As soon as the prince was gone, the genies and the boys emerged from their hiding place.

"Alright, let's get Lapis out of here before he comes back." Spinel urged impatiently.

"Wait, there's no way she's going want to come with us while she's under some kind of love spell." Amethyst stopped her.

"Amethyst is right." agreed Pearl. "We can't rescue Lapis until we sever Jasper's control over her."

"We have to destroy the lamp." Peridot confirmed. "It's the only way to break Jasper's thrall over her."

"Now, hold on a minute!" Blue Zircon interjected. "You can't just break a genie lamp. Breaking a lamp is very detrimental to a genie. They could lose all their powers, get really sick, or even die. There's a multitude of things that could go wrong."

"But, Lapis is half human." Garnet debated. "She wasn't born with a lamp."

"The worse thing that could happen to Lapis if we break the lamp is getting knocked unconscious, but even that would be momentary." Pearl vouched for her.

"Well then, let's get to it." Bismuth proclaimed.

So together, the genies all used their magic to blast the lamp until it exploded and turned to dust. The result of it stunned Lapis and she was knocked out cold. But at least, she was still alive.

"That takes care of that." Amethyst stated, gazing at the remains of the ruined lamp.

"I've got Lapis." the Daydream Knight said, picking up the unconscious girl in his arms. "Let's make a break for it while we still can."