Chapter 2: New Family, New Daughter

Meanwhile in the realm of humans, there a man named Greg Demayo who had recently lost his wife. And now, he had to raise his infant son Steven alone.

One day, he was rummaging through his attic when stumbled upon a decorated gold lamp.

"Well, what do we have here?" Greg said to himself.

He used his shirt to wipe the dust away. All of a sudden, the lamp began to shake. And in a cloud of azure blue smoke, a beautiful woman appeared before him.

This woman had sky blue skin, long off-white hair, cerulean blue eyes, and blue eyeshadow. She wore a blue strapless top, a blue and gold skirt that covered her feet, and a gold crown with blue jewels in it.

Greg gasped at how gorgeous the woman looked to him.

"You set me free." the woman spoke.

"Are you a real genie?" the human asked.

"Yes I am." the blue genie answered. "And for freeing me from my lamp, I am indebted to grant you-"

"Three wishes, right?" Greg finished for her.

"You catch on fast for a human." she chuckled.

"What's your name?" the human asked.

"Blue Diamond." the genie answered. "And you?"

"Gregory Demayo." Greg introduced himself. "But you can just call me Greg. Now these three wishes, do I have to use them right away?"

"Oh no, take all the time you want." Blue Diamond responded.

"Well, I can't think of anything to wish for right now, so instead; why don't we get to know each other." the nice human offered.

"I would like that very much." the blue genie smiled.

"So, how did that lamp of yours wind up in my attic?" Greg asked.

"I lost my husband and then, his brother trapped me in the lamp and banished me from my world after I refused to marry him." Blue Diamond confessed in dismay.

"Oh, I'm really sorry." the man frowned. "I know how it feels to lose someone you love."

"You do?" Blue said.

"I recently lost my wife after she had our son." Greg opened up. "Since then, I've been on my own to take care of him."

"You have a son?" the genie's curiosity peaked. "May I see him?"

"Sure." the man nodded.

He led Blue Diamond down from the attic and into a pastel-colored nursery. Inside the crib, there was a six month old baby boy with curly black hair wearing a red onesie. The baby had just woken up from a nap.

"This is my son, Steven." he said, picking up the infant. "Steven, this is my new friend; Blue Diamond."

Steven looked at the genie with wide eyes and giggled like it didn't matter to him that she didn't look like a typical human. Blue Diamond grinned at the young baby.

"Perhaps I could help you in raising your son." she suggested. "That is, if you think it's okay."

"Thank you, Blue." Greg said to her. "That's very kind of you. I definitely could use a helping hand or two around here."

Time went by as the genie and the human worked together to take care of Steven. After getting to know Blue even better, Greg began to appreciate everything about his genie friend; including the fact that she was royalty. During her time on Earth, Blue had begun to adapt to living amongst humans. She had also began to develop feelings for Greg.