Chapter 15: Under His Spell

Steven and the genies (minus Rhodonite and Padparadscha) raced through the desert until they finally caught up with the Daydream Knight. The group saw that he had dropped to knees in a defeated state.

"What happened, dude?" Amethyst asked.

"Where's my sister?" Steven interrogated the clothed knight.

"Where's Lapis?" Bismuth inquired.

"Jasper and his thugs ambushed us." the older boy answered. "They captured Lapis and are taking her to White Diamond's palace right now."

"Oh no, this is just what we always feared would happen." Pearl said solemnly to her friends.

"We've got to get her back." Peridot stated.

"Then, let's not dawdle." Garnet advised. "Time is of the essence."

"Yeah, let's do this!" Spinel cheered. "Operation: Princess Rescue is a go!"

Meanwhile at the royal palace, Jasper was pacing in his quarters impatiently for his thugs to return. That was when Aquamarine, Eyeball, Freckles, and Curly entered the room with a large burlap sack.

"I hope you have the princess with you." the evil prince raised an  eyebrow. "Otherwise, you would not have come back so quickly."

"Have a look for yourself." Aquamarine said, brimming with confidence.

Jasper stepped forward and peeked into the big sack. Low and behold, Princess Lapis was there sound asleep; much to the villain's delight.

"Finally, some minions who didn't return empty-handed." he grinned maliciously without showing any sign  of gratitude. "I was beginning to doubt your competence."

"Sheesh, would it kill you to say 'thank you' every once in a while?" Curly muttered.

"Did you say something?" Jasper barely heard her.

"I mean, your victory is eminent; master." she corrected herself.

"That's what I thought." the evil prince said. "Now, leave us. I wish to acuantence myself with the princess in private."

As soon as his lackeys left him alone, Jasper saw young Lapis awaken from her slumber.

"Welcome, my dear." he greeted the hybrid as she rubbed the remaining fatigue from her eyes. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"You're White Diamond's son Jasper, right?" Lapis gasped once her vision cleared.

"I guess there's no need for formal introductions now." said the evil prince. "But since we're alone, why don't we get to know each other better?"

"I thought you were supposed to bring me to your father." the half genie attempted to dispute. "The only reason your friends were trying to hunt me down was so that your dad could kill me."

"Now why would I do that?" Jasper approached to run a couple fingers through Lapis' hair. "After all, it would be a waste to destroy such beauty."

The hybrid princess could see a look of longing in the prince's eyes. Lapis knew that look all too well.

"Oh no, don't tell me you're in love with me." she said, backing away.

Jasper gave a soft growl that indicated that he had carnal desires.

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're not my type." Lapis shot in self defense.

"Well, there's a way to change that." the evil genie said slyly. "I just need your lamp. Oh, that's right. You don't have one, do you?"