Chapter eleven

I know waterfalls, lakes, and gardens all represent beauty. But have you ever seen a kind of beauty that captivated, allured, and rendered you speechless and completely awed?

The moment Louis drove into Lekki phase 1, I knew I was been transported to another universe entirely. The entire place is simply urban with tall erected buildings in modern architectural designs in an exact grid pattern. Ubiquitous skyscrapers smudged by the smug-filled sky. Elaborate automobiles with tinted glasses danced around. There are streets of upmarket stores, smooth black and glass exteriors, fancy names in fancier lettering.

The island is a world of wealth, beauty, and riches. The difference between where I was coming from and where I'm being transported to is a blazing fickle of poverty to affluence. Everywhere looked different with a perfumed atmosphere made all the more inviting by trending hip-hop music.

The Porsche came to a roundabout with a fountain at the centre, swept around it and continued up towards a fantastic sprawling penthouse.

Ten bodyguards in suit escorted us to the main door after Alex called them to skip all interrogations and let me in.

"Good morning, I'm Chika." an old woman clad in a smartly tailored suit welcomed me in. She looked like she must be in her sixties, she did age gracefully and was the perfect definition of black doesn't crack.

"Hi, I'm Tife." I swallowed hard, feeling inferior already.

The woman stared at me in confusion. "I'm his personal assistant." I gave a small smile.

"Nice to meet you then, I just hope your stay will be a long one, unlike the others." She smiled back and led me into the huge hallway with red carpet sprawled around.

"I don't understand." I leaned in with a questioning look.

She looked at me amused, "you don't understand? Well, Alex has the reputation of firing all his personal assistants few days as soon as they commence work for one flimsy excuse or the other so I wish you best of luck." She patted my shoulders and walked ahead the long corridor with huge chandeliers.

"This place is beautiful, how big is it?" I increased my walking pace to meet up with her. For a woman her age, she sure is very agile and smart.

"This is a 58 storey building. It used to be the property of the Adebayo's but Alex inherited it as soon as he was of age." She shrugged and walked into an elevator.

"Wow, that's amazingly huge," I said with eyes wide opened as I looked around the impeccably beautiful environment. It screamed glamour and wealth.

"This apartment contains 250 rooms, including 100 en-suite bedrooms, 50 terraces with a sweeping, polished view of the island." She tapped button number fifty-eight.

"OMG! That's too much for a bachelor. A huge house with no family to spend it with can be quite boring." I argued and shook my head in disagreement.

She raised her brows in surprise, straightening out her wrinkles. "Wait till you see the huge private pools, fully equipped gym, the theatre rooms, enormous library, music room and soon before you conclude."

My mouth dropped open with, shock coursing my body as I struggled for what to say with no words coming out.

"This house also has ten private elevators connecting the floors, except for one that separates the guest suite and the staff residence." She winked and went out as soon as the elevator pinged open.

"Go on, he is waiting for you." She nudged he head in the direction of the first room.

"Where is this place?" I whispered, terror creeping into my skin.