Chapter thirteen

Having your life flash around you while you scream so loud with your body trembling in trepidation as you mutter prayers of forgiveness in your mind is the craziest incident no one should experience.

Everyone wants a swift, easy, effortless, and peaceful death, and not the crazy type that gives you hypertension while you scream your lungs out. Death is a one-man thing and to be honest, I don't even know how Alex is fairing.

I just hope mom doesn't cry too much, my brother doesn't fall into depression, and that Harriet doesn't turn my house to a full-time brothel.

All of these were going on in my mind when the jet screeched, 'system rebooting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." And from the ground floor, we went up the sky in massive velocity.

"Thank you, Lord, oh my goodness," I screamed, unbuckle my seatbelt and jump on Alex's lap in joy. He was bathed in sweat and fear that his body kept on shivering.

"Are we dead or alive?" Alex peered into my face and began pinching my skin.

"Ouch!" I shrieked, "Of course not stupid, we are alive. We have been giving another chance to live-"

I didn't finish my statement when he pulled me in for a tight hug and his wet tears stained my shoulders while I patted his back.

A microphone blared, "Good afternoon passengers. This is your captain speaking. First I'd like to apologize for the jet slight malfunction. Everything is currently under control so fasten your seatbelt while we land in Abuja in ten minutes."

"I told you guys that everything will be fine, didn't I?" The air hostess cracked her knuckles, giving us the 'I told you so look."

"Get out!" Alex and I shouted at her while she scampered away from our sight.

"Can you imagine the nerves?" My lips curled up in disgust.

"Nonsensical creature." Alex hissed, making us both chuckle.

_____

"I don't feel quite comfortable with lodging in the same room with you." I grimaced, standing at a spot while Louis walked forward dragged Alex's suitcase inside the gargantuan hotel.

"But you heard them say that all the rooms are fully booked so you have no other choice than to stay with me." He gave a piercing stare.

"I need my privacy and staying in your room doesn't guarantee that." My mouth thinned with displeasure.

"Privacy?" He chuckled. "It is a presidential suite. As a matter of fact, there are multiple rooms in there." He pointed at his allocated penthouse.

"Well, I will be invading your privacy." I shrugged my shoulder and stared at his rumpled shirt.

"I am not complaining, or am I? We only share a living room, kitchen, bar, and other parts of the house. We are not sharing rooms so you don't have to worry about your lack of self-control when you see me." He chuckled and opened the door while I stood outside adamantly.

I hissed, "But-"

"I am a very good company, Tife." He replied, a glint of humour flashing across his face.

"Uh!" I peeked inside the extremely magnificent suite. "But what if-" I began.

"Do I need to remind you it is almost evening?" He cocked a brow while I remained silent.

"Good, it's almost evening and we have a met gala to attend in some hours time and you still haven't gotten a dress to wear yet."

"Well that will only make us fashionably late, shouldn't be a big deal." I chuckled.