Chapter eighteen

Alex's point of view (POV)
__

I stood by the shore side of the beach waiting for the hint of any bronze-skinned toned person named Tife.

My mind did a little flashback to what happened in the afternoon. Her entire apartment is like a museum of her alleged boyfriend or do I say, ex-boyfriend. Yeah, I think that sounds better, the idea of someone else being her boyfriend tasted like a bitter pill in my tongue.

Her walls are filled with photos of the fair-skinned, leaned guy with dreadlocks. At the corner of her table, she had a golden frame of him with big candles of different colours that I'm beginning to wonder if she worshipped him. When people use coloured candles, it could also mean rituals or curses so I'm hoping it is the latter.

I stole a glance at her kitchen that was adorned with long beads that served as a decorative ornament to the kitchen and believe me, she has another huge frame of him hung up on the wall. She probably stares at his picture while cooking. She isn't in love with him, she is obsessed with him hence the reason she probably feels like shit.

I can perceive her flowery perfume as they waft around the beach. Even she was ten miles away, I will always be able to trace her scent. I stood arms akimbo and watched how the tide went front and back. The whole Elegushi beach looks calm and peaceful. A tourism centre of beauty at night.

"Alex," she called softly as she hugged my back, making me smile.

"Tife," I spun around and took in her appearance.

She is clad in a two-piece swimwear. She tied a white transparent scarf on her waist, exposing her hips and thick thighs as the scarf gave the full view of her butt.

"You came," I pulled her in for a hug. Savouring every scent I could inhale. She smelled so heavenly. Her hair smelt of leave-in-conditioners and coconut.

"Of course I would," she let out a low peal of laughter.

Her laughter sounded like a soft musical instrument. Her hair is packed up, revealing her slender neck and collar bone. Her lips; though full and pouty attracted me the more. She is an African goddess that reincarnated because there is definitely no way it is legal for a human to be this good looking.

"I'm not used to going out on dates, most of the ones I attended were fake and for paparazzi. This is real and I didn't want it to be in an insanely expensive restaurant because that is outdated." I held her small waist.

"To be honest, this is perfect. A date at a restaurant will only seem too formal and will remind me of my recent break-up." She muttered sadly.

"Let's just enjoy this moment, shall we?" I tilted my head to a side.

"We shall come on." She led me to the already set up canopy.

It is a small table for two with a white curtain draped around it. There are flower petals and candles everywhere with a small bell to alert the waiters if we needed anything.

I pulled a chair for her and waited for her to sit, before doing the same for myself.

____

Tife's point of view (POV)

The cool water laps at my bare feet making me enjoy the coolness of nature. This is like dream come true. It looks like a beautiful place in Paris. We are all alone on the beach other than the employees. Beautiful cowries, petals, flowers adorned the place.

I feel like I'm bathing in the presence of the moonlight as it reflects on the beauty. I can't help but smile as the gentle wind caresses my face. The waves scattered, roared, and rolled down, chasing on to the shore with a soft hiss.