twelve || The man of the hour

M I G U E L

VIOLET AND I ARRIVE TO BRENTWOOD and I put the truck in park. Even though, I have a strong feeling she's not gonna want me to get off and walk her to the door. The same she didn't let me get off when I picked her up earlier.

   Stubborn girl, this one. But it's all good. I wouldn't be out on a date with her if I didn't find that attractive.

   Okay, I'm lying. At this point, almost everything she does I find attractive. She's witty, easy going and doesn't answer in one word answers.

   "Thanks. I had fun."

   "I'm glad." I smile. "I'll walk you in." I begin unbuckling my seatbelt but she stops me. Literally stops me. She places a small hand over mine so my seatbelt stays in place.

   "That's okay. I'll be just fine." She smiles.

   Chuckling, I shake my head. "Uh, so this weekend...we're playing Cambridge University. Home game." I hesitate. "Maybe, you wanna come?"

   Wow. Okay. When did I become this guy who gets nervous to ask a girl out? But I remember, I'm not sleeping with her. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I think I might have an actual crush.

    Violet nods. "Okay." She gives me a sweet, yet gorgeous smile.

   Yup. I have a crush.

   "Is it cool if I bring Alice?"

   "Yeah. Of course." I smile.

   She gives me another one of her smiles. "Cool. Then I'll see you there."

   "Alright."

   Violet unbuckles her seatbelt and grabs her bag. She leans over and gives me a subtle kiss on the cheek. "Thanks again for today, it was perfect." And she turns to open her door, then hops out of the car and hurries up to the double door entrance and just like that she's gone.

I park my truck in the driveway behind Noah's Audi.
   Still thinking about my date—and smiling like an idiot—and how good it went, I get off my truck and lock it.

   Music blares from inside the house as I walk up to unlock the front door. And as soon as I push the door open and walk in, I'm hit with a delicious smell. The guys must have cooked. Or got takeout.

   "Yo!" I shout. While hanging up my keys.

   "In the kitchen." Dom shouts back.

   Shrugging off my jacket as I enter the kitchen and hang it on the one of the hooks by the back door. The guys are all standing around the island serving themselves some food.

   "Damn. What did y'all cook?"

   "Chicken, and broccoli rice." Noah answers proudly and with a smile.

   "How was your date?" Johnny asks.

   "Yum! I'm starving! And it was good." I say while also grabbing a plate to join the guys on the table. "Really good actually." I add and smile.

   That gets me some hoots and laughter. Assholes.

   "Whoo! Boy! You like her, like her." Dom says.

   "Our quarterback, the man of the hour, is about to leave a lot of groupies out there heartbroken." Noah adds.

   I shake my head and tsk in disapproval. "Chiiill" I say extending the word. "I barely had one date with her."

   "Yeah..." Johnny scoffs. "And look how she has you already."

   "Wait, so you're going on another date?" Dom buds in.