chapter twenty seven || alex

M I G U E L

M I G U E L

The sun is almost setting as I walk through the park towards my favorite spot. A bench that over looks the river with a perfect view of our down town.

It's the perfect weather to be out here walking or just spending time with family. I look around to see multiple families walking down towards the river, others walking their dogs, and some bike riding.

A familiar figure already sits on the bench as I walk over to it so I slow down my pace. The closer I get, the more I recognize the person. "Alex?"

He turns around to face me just as I walk up to the bench and stand right next to him. A smile plays on his face and he pays the bench for me to take a seat. "Took you long enough." He tells me and pulls out a bottle of Jack Daniels, that causes me to laugh. "You almost missed the buildings light up."

I smile and stare at him in complete awe and blink in confusion. How is this even happening? "How are you here?" I ask, still standing.

"You called me here. Don't you remember? It's like the other times?" His face remains unfazed, like we've done this before. Without a word I shake my head. "Will you sit down! You're giving me anxiety." Alex spits and I laugh again, this time taking a seat. "I know it's been a good while since we've seen each other. I figured, your life was all good now so you didn't need me anymore." He says with a half smile.

In the past I would dream him every night so I guess it has been a minute, which is why I can't remember. "I'll always need you." I tell him and he smiles shaking his head. He opens the bottle of Jack and takes a sip from it.

"Tell me what's new. There has to be a reason that you're calling to our favorite spot." He says and hands me the bottle.

I shrug and take a sip. "I met a girl. Violet. She's..." I pause and take another sip. "I wish you could meet her." I take one more sip and pass it back to him.

"Me too. She must be special then if you got me out here just to talk about her."

I chuckle. "I don't know man, I can't put it into words. She just has me feeling some type of way. She's smart and sexy."

Alex takes a sip and tries to hide his smile. "Wow. You really like her then."

I take the bottle from him and sip again. "I really do. I've never felt like this before. This time it's hitting different." I say, handing back the bottle. Alex takes it in one hand and pats me on the back with his other hand. "Then I have to go back home for Thanksgiving break and I hate it. I miss my family but I hate going back." I sigh. "Nothing will ever be the same."