nine || Let's make a bet

V I O L E T

THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER and I'm a little relieved. I like all my classes and surprisingly dance is actually one of my favorites.

   It's definitely quite more chaotic than I thought it would be so I'm grateful that I don't have to work while I study.

   Big props to those kids who can do both.

   Alice chuckles breaking me from my thoughts as I sit on my desk writing a paper. "I can't believe you haven't called him back!"

   I lean back into my chair and sigh. "We just started school. Last thing I need right now are distractions."

   Monday after dance class I ran into Miguel and he asked for my number. I would be lying if I said I wasn't flattered—Calvary's QB not only asked for my number but has been calling me all week and I haven't picked up.

   Thankfully I didn't have any classes with him. But that didn't stop from hearing his name all around me. Needless to say he's incredibly popular. Girls either say he's great in bed or they express how much they would love to get in bed with him. Either way all that info fell into my lap without me asking for it.

   There is nothing wrong with one night stands or fuck buddies but I'm just not one of those girls. I'm too emotional. Eventually I feel like I will get attached and I'll only hurt myself by putting me in that situation.

   Alice laughs again. "Vi, you are literally the only girl ever not to call that man back."

   "Exactly. His attention is already super solicited. He doesn't need my attention at all."

   "Honestly, you're only making it worse by ignoring him." Alice raises an eyebrow.

   I sigh.

   She's right. Miguel is not a quitter. I'm sure he's never been turned down before and I doubt he will take my no without a fight.

   "He's waisting his time. I'm not his type."

   "Yeeeeaah...I think that's what he likes." Alice gives me a you're fucked face.

   I let out a loud groan. "What do you suggest I do then?"

   Alice chuckles. "Sorry friend, but I think you're screwed. I say just call him back and get it over with."

   "I know what he wants." I say running my hands through my hair.

   Miguel was a bit hard to figure out. He's not your typical popular jock with a God complex like you would automatically think. He's polite, respectful and modest. Which surprised the fuck out of me. Either way hearing all around that he hasn't dated anyone since he arrived is concerning. He wants to woo me into sleeping with him or he will be blunt about it but I can't decide which one I hate the most.

   Alice chuckles again. "So give it to him. It'll save you both time. He wants you badly and let's be honest, you want him too." She says that with a smirk.

   "You're the worst." I shake my head with a chuckle.

   She's right though. Sleeping with him would solve this problem. He will stop bugging me and I can go about my business.

   It's the easiest solution.

   Only problem with that is, that's not my style and I know I would never actually be brave enough to go through with casual sex. Maybe an agreement of some sort but even then, that sounds like an easy way to get attached.