nineteen || You're a jock magnet

V I O L E T

MAKING MY WAY TO THE MAIN BUILDING. It's only eight in the morning and I have twenty minutes before my first class, but Miguel sent me a text asking to meet here.

My week flew by—maybe, it's because it's one of the best weeks of my life. Everyday after practice Miguel came straight for me and we spent time together either in my place or his.

For every date we have, he was sharing a secret with me. Even though they're not necessarily secrets, they're facts about him I didn't know. Little things that tell me more about the kind of person he is.

   I learned that he can in fact dance—but doesn't really like to. Real young he learned, with his mom. And he had no choice but to be in his sisters Quinceañera as well so he learned to waltz for that. He's a Columbian and Mexican mix. Has two older siblings a brother and sister. His dad is a retired baseball player. He used to be with the Texas Rangers back in his day and now his brother is following his footsteps. Playing for the L.A. Dodgers. His mom is an art dealer who runs her own business. And his sister is a RN.

It's a sunny day out here today but still the temperature won't go higher than 40°F. Not to stress I threw on my warmest jeans and sweater jacket with my boots. But up north the weather don't play around, so I top my hair with my fuzzy beanie.

The dining hall is packed and I make my way through the crowd, in search of Miguel. There are too many people gathered up, avoiding the cold and in line for coffees no doubt.

Right as I'm about to give up and pull out my phone, through the large windows, I spot him outside on the quad with the rest of the guys, hanging out.

All the guys have their Calvary football jackets on. I don't know how long they've been out here but there's already a swarm of girls around them.

With a heavy sigh, I make my way outside.

The cold air hits my face as soon as I push the glass door opened causing me to shiver. As I walk out further I hear the giggling of some of the girls out here. Some are also giving me dirty looks but I pay no mind. I have zero desire to get involved into any drama, especially over a guy.

No matter, how hot and charming he may be.

The moment Miguel spots me, he wanders off, away from his friends and rushes over to me. I stop walking, meeting him halfway and my gosh! He looks so hot in his beanie and football jacket. Everything about Miguel is hot.

"That's for you." He says, handing me a coffee.

Squish. My heart goes. He got me coffee.

"You got me coffee." I point out and smile and wrap my hands around the hot cup. "Thank you."

"It's no problem, it's freezing and the line is up the ass. Plus, I did ask you to meet me out here."

"You're very thoughtful." I blink my lashes fast in a playful way and he chuckles. "You guys leaving?"

The guys have an away game today in New York at six and they have to get going on the road. It's almost a four hour drive to West Point.

"Yeah. Just stopped for some coffee and we're waiting on the coach now."

I nod and take off my black string bracelet—that I made when I was younger—and place it on his wrist. "For good luck."