ten || You meet girls all the time

M I G U E L

I WATCH VIOLET AS SHE WALKS OVER TO PUT up her pool cue. She's a pretty good shot, I'm not about to lie. And for a few minutes there, she had me sweating it out. But in the end she decided to take on the champ and she lost.

   Turning back to me with a scowl, she tucks a strand of her jet black hair behind her ear. I can't help but to admire all of her. That outfit she has on is really doing things to me. It accentuates all her curves.

   "I hope you're not a sore loser." I smile. Violet rolls her eyes and the look on her face surpasses amusing. She was truly sour about losing cause she actually thought she had me in the bag with her secret pool skills and that makes it even more amusing. "Come on loser, I'll buy you a drink."

   Her eyes soften before giving me a smirk. I'm not sure where I stand with her, I know she finds me attractive but I also know that she's trying so hard not to like me. She might be new here but she's already hanging out with Mia and Abby. That there can't be good news. Abby and I used to hook up so I can only imagine what shit she's said.

   We head to the bar and I order myself a beer and she gets a liquid marijuana. She flashes her fake ID to the bartender which I find amusing considering they don't ever ID us here.

   I try not to smile so much and completely have this backfire on me. Violet isn't like the girls who just want one thing from me. With those girls I don't have to do anything because it's them who are buying me drinks.
This girl right here is gonna make me work for it and I don't wanna fuck it up before I get the chance.

   When we first met she was super nice but it's more than obvious that she's heard things about me since then. I mean it's no secret that I've slept with a good portion of girls at this school. And I can almost bet everything she's heard are positive reviews. With Violet, however it's gonna take far more than my reputation of a good lay to get anywhere.

   My strategy is to take her one step at a time. I'm not fucking this opportunity up.

   The bartender hands me both drinks. But we stay put at the bar neither of us making an attempt to move.

   Violet takes a sip of her drink. "I'm not sleeping with you." She says over the rim.

Getting straight to the point I see.

   I sit back on the barstool and sigh. "I don't remember asking you to sleep with me?" I try hard not to smile but I can't help it. The aggravated look she has on right now is both cute and amusing.

  "So you don't wanna sleep with me then?" She challenges.

   "I didn't say that either."

   Violet sighs hard. "What I'm saying is, if that's your goal then you're wasting your time. I'm not impressed by your smile and dimples or your tattoos."

   Nodding, I smile. "Got it, so smile less and cover up."

   She tilts her head. "Or your sarcastic indifference to everything."

   I burst out laughing. "You're funny." And take a swig of my beer. "But relax. You seem cool, that's why I asked you out. No hidden agenda. I don't need to lie to a woman to get what I want from her. If I only wanted sex from you then that's exactly what I would've said."

   Her perfect features soften up as she stares at me in full concentration. Clearly weighing my words carefully. Thankfully she stays silent for just a few minutes as I inspect her even more.

   She's a tiny little thing—I knew she was short—but I'm sitting on the stool and can still see over her head. And she doesn't just have a damn nice ass and curvy body but her tits are also a pretty good size.