Chapter 10

The soft clicking of soles with the marble tiles ceased as I stood out side the mahogany door of Abba's study, following the intricate carving with my eyes as he motioned me to come in.

''Sabrine,'' he called as he removed his glasses from his weary eyes.

My middle name was beautiful but everytime it was called it brought trouble.

''Don't you ever speak to your mother like that again,'' he fumed as my ears rang with shock and my breath came out in uneven patterns.

Definitely he was going to defend his beloved wife over his prodigal daughter.

''She's not my moth...'' I murmured quietly as he banged his fists on the table and I shrunk under the frightening sound.

''kai dan banza ne( you're a fool) You're mother is dead Yasmine, get it into your stupid skull,'' he shouted as his eyes widened with anger.

''You've brought nothing but shame to this family'' he continued as he rested his hands to the table, afraid that if he let them be they'll probably strangle me.

My lips quivered lightly as I sucked in a breath.

I am an A+ student, the head girl of NTIC but I was a disappointment to him.

Nothing I did was ever going to be enough.

''The news around town is Senator Rahman's daughter is messing around with a drug dealer,'' he concluded as he got from the chair and strolled up to me.

''I dare you to deny it,'' he threatened with a humorless crackle as my nails dug into my palms drawing blood.

Sadiq was no drug dealer, I knew it.

''Abba,'' I called out as my voice shook with unshed tears.

''He isn't a drug dealer and we didn't do anything ,we're just friends" I defended as Abba and literally ran to were I stood and slapped me.

A hard, dirty slap.

It was long coming.

His eyes were wild with hatred and sadness.

''Ya Allah is it a curse to have a daughter and a daughter that lies straight to my face'' he cursed and scowled at me as I tasted the metallic liquid in my mouth.

''I can't have a wayward daughter living under my roof'' he said walking back to the seat and sinking into it as tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably.

''You're getting married next week to the Alaffin of Oyo,'' he stressed as my head became woozy.

That man was over eighty three years.

Oh God , Nooo!!!

''Abba please,'' I cried as I fell to my knees and clasp my fingers together, begging him with all I had.

His mind was already made up,

there was nothing I could do now.

''Get out and close the door behind you,'' he whispered so low his words came out ruffled as he turned away from me.

How heartless could my own father be.

''Get out,'' he screamed as I scurried from the floor, ran to my room and locked the door.

My life was not mine.

_____________

Hi loves.. do we feel like Yasmine is neglected??

And where might Hauwa dearest be😂😂

Pls vote and comment 💕💕💕

And share