chapter 9

The car came to a screeching halt as the black gates stood tall.

The black gates that led to the people that will ruin my life.

''Mama na(Mama), this is where we depart'' Ummi divulged attacking my air castle as Shahd snickered at her phone.

I knew too darn well how Hajiya Mahmoud detested Shahd, talk more of Ummi and Noor and Noor was a Shahd 2.0.

If I brought them with me it was going to be more than an earful for me.

''Nagode( thank you), I don't even know the lie I'll tell them,'' I said grinning like a Cheshire cat as I rubbed my temples in frustration.

''God is with you jare go and be victorious,'' Noor cajoled as she came down from the car and yanked me to the front of the vehicle.

''Noor me ne ne( what is it) is this the vodka manifesting?'' I asked as she answered me with a glare.

An angry one at that.

''First, I don't understand hausa, omo yoruba ni( I'm a yoruba child)'' she stated before I guffawed hysterically which earned me another glare

''Stop laughing o it's for your benefit ni,'' she continued as her features became serious

Omo if Noor was serious, something was up.

''Okay what is it?'' I questioned feigning seriousness.

She cracked her knuckles slowly as her eyes rushed over me contemplating if she should tell me.

''Just say it ma na,'' I begged with annoyance evident in my voice.

''Fine you remember when you were dropping us the Sadiq gist,'' she gesticulated as I nodded, urging her to go on.

''Well you said he said something like mo nife re,'' she uttered as I hummed a response

She cupped her cheeks and brought her hands too her mouth in amusement.

This girl was killing me with suspense.

''Noor,'' I nagged as she rolled her eyes

''Fine ahn ah no need to whine mo nife re means I love you in yoruba,'' she explained as a smile broke on her face while she watched my features turn stoic.

Why did he say he loved me before-

no, none of this was making sense

''Yasmine,'' she called out, snapping her fingers to get my attention as I hummed an answer.

''Call me stupid but I have a feeling this was planned,'' Noor shrugged as my heart started to race and my thoughts were failing me.

Could it be?

No! Not after he ripped my heart into pieces without caring if it hurt.

The anger in me bubbled like a volcano on the verge of explosion

''Yasmine,'' Noor beckoned as I walked away, scared that she'll see me vulnerable

Scared that she'll see through my facade.

Scared that she'll see how I still loved him despite everything.

''Denial isn't going to solve your problems,'' she shouted as I swang the gate open, sank to the ground while hurdling my knees to my chest and cried till I heard the car zoom off.

I don't know how long I stayed there but I was brought back to reality by a brief nudge on my shoulder.

''Small madam, Hajiya been de look for you since'' the gateman informed as he snapped his long fingers showing how long it had been.