Chapter 28

Yasmine's Pov

" Yasmine," a familiar voice called out with an unenergetic tap to my shoulder while the cool breeze of the evening swept across the boundary of my face with such ease, it felt lighter than the flutter of a feather.

A wild grunt eluded my chapped lips as my arms stretched high to relieve themselves from the knots of sleep.

" You've been sleeping for hours nonstop. If I didn't know better I'll think you're pregnant," Shahd ranted with her cheeks flared up in worry and fury; an aweful mix.

"This has to be a sick joke," I whispered to myself, sinking deeper into the warm leather seat of the Lexus suv like I had seen a ghost.

She had to be a ghost right?

" It isn't but you sleeping for hours definitely is," Ummi answered back, her hands balancing her head while her squinted pupils pierced through mine.

" Is there something you aren't telling us," Noor snipped in as my hand flew to my chest in fright.

" All..all of you aren't real," I managed to stammer out while quizzical expressions sat on their faces.

"Yasmine!" Shahd called out before a loud rumble of laughter rippled through her features. It didn't take less than quarter a second before Ummi and Noor joined in on the torture.

The fact that she was laughing in front of me when I saw her lieing dead, cold ,motionless and unresponsive some minutes ago brought tears to my eyes.

"Yas Yas don't cry now. I was just joking," She cooed burying my head in the crook of her neck.

" You..you died..but you're alive," I murmured between livid sobs.

" Calm down babes I'm not going anywhere, until Allah says it's time," she continues to coaxed while my chest heaved with hiccups.

The turmoil and chaos that filled the minds of Ummi and Noor wasn't masked. Their faces asked questions that if I answered I might look crazy.

"What did that woman put in your drink abeg?" Noor asked as I wiped my tear stained face and surprising my make up didn't run.

which drink and which woman? this thought blurred my hazy thoughts further.

"How don't you remember though? after taking your measurements, the woman that spoke with Abba offered you sprite as a peace offering for your wedding tomorrow," Ummi rushed out and immediately my heart thumped against my ribcage.

Which peace offering? Talk more of sprite. They were dragging me through a maze that guaranteed no escape.

" After six years you'd think that Yasmine's memory will improve," Noor jested, bumping her shoulder with Shahd while they exchanged knowing smiles.

"What do you mean six years?" I questioned, my back jerking off the seat with such force I had to hold the headrest for support.

None of this was making sense, I just had a dream in a dream and now I being told I'm 23.

" The juju (black magic) that woman put in your drink is strong, I no fit lie (I can't lie)," Ummi confessed with a bewildered expression and a sloppy flick to my forehead.

" Please stop and explain," I pleaded, pushing her finger off my forehead as the sting filtered through my brain.

" Wait so you don't remember anything. Should we take her to the hospital?" Noor asked with concern scraping the base of her words.

" Of course I do, just tell me what happened today," I murmured with enthusiasm before disbelief smoulded their faces.

Ummi and Shahd exchanged confused stares like a couple on valentine.

" I'll explain,"

—————————————

Hello my loves...

She's back based on popular demand😂