chapter 17

Hauwa POV

It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
- Lewis Capaldi

The tranquility caused by the golden yellow hues of the sun was interrupted by the continuous dinging of my phone.

If it continues this way, Abba might just seize it.

I grabbed it and glanced through as one name appeared vividly.

Chike

I blushed internally as I hugged the phone to my chest lovingly.

"Baby girl, I need you to come to my house today by six o'clock I'm having a masquerade ball and my wife is going for a business meeting immediately after so we can netflix and chill..." I read in my mind as I felt my skin crawl at the mention of his wife.

It irked my being that I shared him with anyone.

With or without matrimony.

"I am a freaking homewrecker but I needed to secure the bag," I lied to myself

That wasn't the reason.

My family has been connected to the fountain of wealth decades past.

I just wanted to secure him.

I wanted anyone that wanted me.

The clock on the wall ticked in a sluggish manner as I gapped at how fast time had gone and jumped out off my bed in an attempt to pick out a dress.

Seductive and sexy always wins the race.

I strolled into my walk in closet glancing through the silk, chiffon and lace dresses when a sleek black chiffon dress caught my eyes.

The dress was black with ruffled lace and off the shoulder sleeves.

It was a body con with a plunging neckline that left nothing to the imagination and had a slit running from the neck to my toes interlaced with silver laces.

This was the dress to blow his fucking wife away from the marriage.

I smirked sinisterly as a silver stiletto with glitter came into view.

My look was complete.

I styled my hair into a high ponytail as it cascaded gracefully down my neck not forgetting to make those edges to pop of course.

My eyes looked a little dull so I had to fix that.

I left my eyebrows untouched because they were naturally full and carved but I drew a dramatic cat eyeliner which gave my dead eyes a dramatic flare. I wasn't ready without swiping a red matte Fenty beauty lip stick on my lips as I puckered them at my beaming reflection.

They made my lips look fuller and kissable.

Just the effect I needed tonight.

Cause I had to get laid.

I swang a monogram St. Laurent bag on my shoulder as I assessed my look on the mirror that stood tall against the rigid wall.

You're a freaking ten bitch.

I swiped out my phone to get an uber from bolt because Mr. Driver or whatever his name was wasn't going to trail behind me like a lost puppy.

"Ammi?" I called from the top of the stairs when my eyes locked with Yasmine's ruby coloured ones that reflected her anger and pain. She looked pissed and grieve stricken as she entered her room and banged the door angrily.