Chapter 11: When Royalty Comes to Town, You're Related To Her?!

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting _______________________________________________________________________________________

*Mansion*

*1st pov*

It's been a few weeks since I adopted my new fairy princess daughter.............You know back home I would just sound like a person who wants to fuel their child's imagination. In any case, I've been going out and exploring once or twice every week to try and find where Yui's people live, but I've had little luck. None of the other demi-humans Yui was with knew about where fairies lived, and Yui has been taken so far from home, that she doesn't recognize any nearby landmarks or cities. I was hoping Aqua might know something about the fairies in this world since she was a god watching over this world-

Aqua: *angry* WAS?! I STILL AM A GOD, YOU DUMBASS?!?!

(Y): *stern* Hi pot, name's kettle, have we met?

-Anyways, once again Aqua proved how useless she was as she had no idea where the fairies lived either. I'd talk to Eris, but I'd rather not die in front of Yui. That seems like the sort of thing that might scar someone, y'know, killing their father right in front of them? So for the most part, I've been spending time with Yui and doing some odd quest every so often with the others. Yui has also been real helpful around the mansion. At a young age she already knows a few light based spells and actually knows how to cook some good food. I always thought that as a princesss, she was much more used to the whole pampered life thing, but she seems to enjoy it here with us. She's also been getting along well with Tiko and Boga, to the point that Yui will actually fall asleep lying next to Boga and Tiko would even leave my side to go to hers. As far as the other demi-humans, they were all safely returned back to their families and tribes. The ones we did ask about fairies said that they would help look for Yui's people so hopefully we can find Yui her mother, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm ready to lose Yui. Yeah it's only been a few weeks, but I think I'm growing attached to being a father. At the moment, we were just sitting down to a nice dinner of toad meat stew that Yui helped me make, although when she heard it was toad meat, she got worried for a second. I guess giant toads would be frightening for someone who is the equivalent of a human sized fly. Hell, they frighten us half the time also. Anyways, we were sitting down to eat when I noticed Darkness acting rather strange. She seemed to be dreading something. 

(Y): *concerned* Darkness? Is everything alright? You've hardly touched your stew.

Darkness: *sighs* The stew is amazing (Y/N). But it's none of you're concern as to why I'm feeling down.

(Y): *blunt* Okay then. So Megum-

Darkness: *dramatic* Truly, no one should concern themselves with my problems. For they are not a major deal.

Kazuma: *ignoring* Hey (Y/N), what did you use for seasoni-

Darkness: *dramatic* And no one can match the pain and suffering that I'm in right now.

Aqua: *confused* Why does this stew taste so much like water?

I looked into Aqua's bowl to see that she turned her stew into water.

(Y): *blunt* That's because you turned yours into water.

Darkness: *upset* No one should be able to bear a pain such as this!

(Y): *sighs* Hey Dark-

Darkness: *smiles* Well since you ask, tomorrow, a memeber of the Ford Dustiness family is coming into Axel. And it's quite possibly the worst member of their family, Dustiness Ford Alice, and she's not coming alone. I heard that she's traveling with a daughter of Duke Aincard as well.