Ch. 18 Who's the New Girl? Battle of the Crimson Demons

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting _______________________________________________________________________________________

*Mansion*

*1st pov*

It was yet another cold frozen winter day in the city of Axel as we tried desperately to stay warm within this building. Since the trial where I was nearly executed, things seemed to be going pretty well for us, except for the fact that Aqua was blowing through money each day buying booze.... of course I was also enjoying that booze as well, but that's besides the point. Now it's the middle of winter, and we're struggling to stay warm as possible, struggling to keep a fire going with merely a few twigs. We'd have an actual fire if we could use the chairs as firewood, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, we need a place to sit that isn't the cold hard floor. I had also tried to cut some trees down for firewood, but unfortunately that's something that you can be taxed for.

Aqua: : *sneezes, sad* S-S-So cold.....S-Someone, anyone, hold me and warm me up.

(Y): *sighs* Quit your whining and use this. *throws blanket at her*

Kazuma: *shivering* We need to f-f-f-find a way to w-warm up. It's t-t-too cold in here.

(Y): *blunt* We'd have a bigger fire if someone didn't drink our eris away.

Astarte: *holding Yui close* We'd also have more Eris if we went on a few quests.

Kazuma: There are no quests, at least no good ones. It's so cold out that most animals are hibernating, and any that are still around are too much for us.

Aqua: *whining* Kazumaaaa, (Y/NNNN), go out and get some eris for us.

(Y): *blunt* I'm not about to die to fix your mistake.....AGAIN!

Aqua: *upset* Then why don't you get that noble guy who saved you from the trial to give us some money, or at least some firewood.

(Y): *noogies Aqua* I'm not about to abuse the mutual bond I have with a Duke to bully some funds out of him.

????: *meows* 

We all turned to see Megumin holding a small winged black cat with a red cross on its head.

(Y): Megumin?..... Why are you holding a cat?

Megumin: *looks down* I promise she won't cause anyone any trouble.

Kazuma: *surprised* Oh you want to keep it. 

Megumin: *concerned* If that's alright.

(Y): *stern* I don't know Megumin, I mean we aren't the type of people to just allow any pets to stay here. *camera pans out to see me sitting between Boga and Tiko, petting both at the same time*

Kazuma: *blunt* Yeah, cause we all know you have high standards when it comes to pets in the house. *camera pans out to see him laying on Loth Wolf's back* Although, *gets up and walks over to Megumin and cat* it is pretty cute. *scratches under its chin* I don't see a problem with it.