Chapter 10: Daycare Time, Oops I Became An Adopted Father

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting _______________________________________________________________________________________

*mansion*

*1st pov*

I was currently  lying beside Boga as I was feeding him toad meat while Tiko (the baby rancor) was currently resting on my chest. Tiko has gotten used to being with us for the past couple of days and clings to me as if I was his mother. Tiko seems to have also taken a liking to Darkness as well, though after we brought him back to the mansion, Tiko wouldn't let any of the others come near him as he would snap at them or try to claw them. We never heard from that benefactor again after we dropped the quest, but we at least got Kazuma's Loth Wolf, Boga, and Tiko, so it was far from a waste of time. 

Kazuma: *bored* Ugh, there's nothing to do around here. And we need more money.

Aqua: *irritated* We could have some money if you just got rid of that little pipsqueak.

(Y): *cold* We could also get money from selling you off, but I doubt we'll find many buyers.

Aqua: *crying* Y-yeah, okay..........I'll just shut up now.

Darkness: Perhaps we could go on another quest. There has been an influx of quests since Beldia was killed.

Megumin: *dramatic* I wouldn't mind going on a quest now, I need to use my glorious explosion magic again, it's been to long and it's just been building inside me ready to burst.

Kazuma: *chops head* Stop talking like that!

(Y): Darkness does have a point though. Beldia's death has increased the amount of lower level jobs for new adventurers like us. Besides, we still need to pay off the debt SOMEONE gave us for exploding part of the town.

Megumin: *angry* It was either that or have the undead claim Aqua.

(Y): *joking* Is that really such a bad tradeoff?

We haven't done a whole lot since that quest though, but I did eventually use that Holocron that I got from Wiz to train a bit. It turned out to be a a lesson from Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi who taught me the mind trick ability. And to test it out, I convinced Aqua to give me all her money. They say the mind trick only works on weak minded individuals, so I guess some goddesses are that pathetic. (I will have side chapters put aside for the training in the future, so you will get your Kenobi experience) I decided to put Tiko down on Boga's back as Tiko instinctively clinged onto it. 

(Y): *stern* Alright Kazuma, you want to do a quest, then let's go do one.

Kazuma: *blows raspberry* Fine, but I'm choosing it, I'm not doing another mysterious deal like last time. 

(Y): *shrugs* Sounds fair to me. Darkness, can I get you to watch over Tiko for me?

Darkness: *whine* But I want to go on a quest too! I didn't even get hurt by that Rancor on the last mission. *pouts*

(Y): But you're the only other person Tiko seems to like, and besides I can't trust either of them *points to Megumin and Aqua* with Tiko.

Kazuma: *smirks* I may have a solution.

*Timeskip*

I can't believe we are doing this. This can only go wrong. We had gone to the guild to find a quest to do as I was carrying Tiko. It was weird with how much he acted like an actual human baby. He would babble, nibble on my robes some, flail his arms at times, it was just adorable. Up until now, Tiko had been fine with drinking milk and eating toad meat, so I assumed he could be fine here, but what we were about to do still just felt wrong to me.