Chapter 8: And I Thought They Smelled Bad On the Outside, The Lich Ain't a Bitch

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting
_______________________________________________________________________________________
*Barn*
*1st pov*

(Y): *chattering teeth* S-s-s-s-o-o-o-o c-c-c-co-ol-l-l-d-d-d. W-why is it s-so c-cold? M-most of the snow's m-melted!

It's been some time since my untimely death that I ended up walking away from as Aqua and I were huddled around what we would hope would become a fire. Right now it's was just a small flame on a few twigs just barely staying with us. While the stables gave a place to stay, we didn't have anything to keep us warm, no blankets, no hot coals or fireplace, heck I didn't even have my winter clothes anymore since that shogun sliced me in half and it cut up the coat. I'd get a new one, but we're trying to conserve money as much as we can so we can actually get a house one day.

Aqua: ACHOO!! Guh, I can't believe I pawned off my warm coat.

Suddenly a harsh wind blew through and our flame was put out.

Aqua and (Y): *panicked* OH NO!!!

(Y): *worried* What will we do now?!

Aqua: *confident* Don't worry, I have an idea!

Aqua then grabbed what appeared to be a green tracksuit and held it above the embers of our flame as smoke started to billow up and the tracksuit was about to catch afire.

(Y): *hopeful* Good thinking, that old tracksuit will make good fuel for the fire

Suddenly, Kazuma ran up behind Aqua and smacked her behind the head as he grabbed the tracksuit and held it close to him.

Kazuma: *angry* The hell are you two doing?! Don't you know that this is my only item of my memory of Japan!? And you're trying to burn it!

Aqua: *angry* The fire is going out! And it's the only thing we have left to burn!

Kazuma: *angry* Why don't we burn your scarf!?

Kazuma then grabbed Aqua's pink scarf as the two began yanking back and forth on it until a harsh wind blew and put out the fire once again.

(Y), Kazuma, Aqua: *worried* OH NOOOOO!!!

Aqua got down to the now extinguished fire and began blowing on it to try and bring it back but it was hopeless and we were gonna freeze!.........................Unless....

Aqua: *freaking out* Now we're gonna freeze to death! We have nothing to keep us warm! You doomed us Kazuma!

Kazuma: *angry* Me?! You could've thrown in your scarf and that fire would still be here keeping us warm!

Aqua: *angry* And you could've sacrificed your tracksuit which would have burned longer than my scarf! (Y/N), whose side are you on!?

Kazuma: *angry* Yeah let's let him de- *confused* wait, where'd he go?