Chapter 9: Working with Bounty Hunters, The Hunt for the Deadly Rancors

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting

Hey guys, It's time to announce the winner of last chapter's vote, and the winner is....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Boga

And as our second place winner, Loth Wolf will become Kazuma's new pet_______________________________________________________________________________________*Mansion* 

_______________________________________________________________________________________
*Mansion* 

*1st pov* 

I had gotten up from bed and went downstairs to see Darkness was cooking breakfast while the others had were in the main room of the Mansion. Kazuma was sitting by the fireplace while Aqua and Megumin seemed to be playing chess......with neither of them following the actual rules of chess, what a surprise. 

(Y): *tiredly* Morning everyone.

Aqua: *surprised* Oh, good morning (Y/N).

Kazuma: *boredly* Hey man, what's up?

(Y): *stretching* Not much, I was thinking of going on a quest, any of you want to join?

Megumin: *sighs* As much as I would like to show off my powerful explosion on some mere pest, I really just want to rest. I still have a bit of trauma from those ghosts the other night.

Aqua: Yeah, you can just go on without me either. *dramatic* Though I'm sure you both will be hopeless without someone as great as I am as your arch-priest.

(Y): *not caring* Uh-huh, yeah sure. Hey Kazuma how about you?

Kazuma: *in head* 'Without those two, we should have no problem with taking care of any normal quests. Not to mention we should be able to find one with other adventurers willing to join'

(Y): *in Kazuma's head* 'Don't forget the money and the experience dude'

Kazuma: *in head* 'Yeah that's a-wait how did you get in my head?!'

(Y): *in Kazuma's head* 'Don't question it and you'll feel better'

Kazuma: *weirded out* Okay then, sure I'll join.

Darkness: *excited* I would like to join as well! Without our healer you both need someone to take the the front lines and absorb all the damage! *breathing heavily* And I'm more than willing to be some beast's chew toy while you two struggle to save me!

(Y): *sweatdrops* Glad to see that you're enthused Darkness.

Kazuma: *sweatdrops* Does she ever get excited to actually do well and not get hurt?