Chapter 58

When Christian walks in that morning he looks tired and a little stressed out. He tosses a pile of folders on my desk and says, "These need run to PR, and I need four copies of each please."

I nod and pick them up, "Of course, anything else?"

"That's all for now. Wait, when is my next appointment?"

"In about ten minutes."

He nods and loosens his tie, "I scheudled a meeting with Vivian Lomein, she'll be redecorating EmmaVee. We have to meet her for lunch, so move up my twelve o'clock to three. We need to leave by eleven thirty."

"Yes sir."

He doesn't even glance at me as he walks into his office and I shrug it off, turning to the pile of folders to copy them.

When I get back to my desk the phone is ringing and Christian is walking out of his office, I pick it up from the other side, "Harvey Inc."

Mr. Clark's next appointment is coming up.

"Alright, thank you."

I turn to Christian and I say, "Your next appointment is on his way up." 

He nods and fixes his suit, "Good. While I'm in the meeting I need you to send out an ad for hiring to PR. We need to start looking at applicants for EmaVee and you need to find yourself an assisstant."

The doors for the elevator open and my jaw drops as Cole comes walking in, I turn and look at Christian, "I thought you were meeting with Mr. Williams?"

He shrugs, "Change of plans."

I press my lips together and say, "Did you reschedule the appointment or should I?"

"Taken care of. Oh, put out a PR for a new assisstant for myself as well."

I nod, "Alright, when should I schedule the interviews for?"

"Two weeks before the ball, so, two weeks from today."

As the elevator opens again I hear, "But Mr. Cooper you can't just walk in, I need to take care of a few things first!"

I turn to see my dad and Jessica following him in, her eyes widen as Christian says, "Mr. Cooper? What are you doing here?"

My dad slams down a newspaper on my desk, hard enough to make me jump, "What the hell is this Emerson?!"

My jaw drops as I see the cover, it consisted of me, Christian, and Cole, along with Victoria. I pick it up and scan it as my mouth goes dry, "No. No no no no no."

Christian rips it from my grasp and his eyes darken as he reads it when he looks up he says, "Please tell me you didn't have anything to do with this."

I open my mouth and he says, "You might want to think very carefully over the next five seconds Emerson. This could ruin everything I've worked for."

I shake my head and Cole takes the paper from him, "Christian...she didn't write this."

Christian looks up, "How the hell could you be so fucking sure?!"

I gulp and back into Jessica who's standing besides me quietly, "Somehow I don't think Emerson planned on outing herself as Emma Cooper."

I look at Christian, "You already know I would never use my real name."

He presses his lips together and I take the paper back from Cole as my dad says, "Victoria already called me. She said your parents have been calling her all morning Christian. The article states that she had strange relationships with you, Will, Emerson, and Cole. It's set on finding out who Emerson Sinclairs family is."