Chapter 41

About a half hour later he finds me on the balconey wrapped in a blanket Beth had brought me. He sits next to me, "Kitten I-"

I turn to glare at him, "Don't!" I snap, "Do not use any of those words on me. Not the words you used on them. I can't do that Christian."

His face pales and he reaches over to take my hand, "I have to go with them to get her settled. I should only be an hour."

I wipe at my eyes, trying to keep the tears inside.

"Em, talk to me."

I look at him, "I'm not going to be able to sleep."

He sighs and strokes my cheek, "Is it being here or just the idea in general?"

I gulp, "Here."

He looks pained and nods, "I understand."

I look up at him, "I still want you next to me tonight."

He sighs and kisses my forehead, "Thank god."

I lay my head on his chest and hug him tight for a moment before the door opens, "We're ready Christian. She's sedated."

I look up at see Fallon, he smiles sadly, "We'll talk Monday if you want Em."

I nod willingly and Christian says, "I'll be there in a second. Can we go without Davis?"

Fallon nods, "Yeah, he already said he'd drive Emerson back. But Beth's going on the drive with him. It seems she was mostly worried for Em here."

Christian sighs and shakes his head, "That woman..." he looks at me and kisses my forehead, "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

I nod, "Yeah...Jude was suppose to go over to Avery's. I'll be fine."

He nods with a sigh, "I'll call him and explain some things so Avery doesn't hate me anymore than she already does."

I nod and then frown, "Wait...did you get to talk to Jude?"

He nods, "Yeah, Best Man, and from what I heard you're Maid of Honor."

I nod with a frown, "Yes, but you have to not kill his groomsmen. They're Will and Channing."

He sighs and shakes his head, "I won't. Just don't kill my sister when she gets peppy."

I kiss his cheek, "I won't."

He helps me up and Davis appears, "They got Wes sir."

I sigh and Christian looks at me worriedly, "You didn't even ask me about him."

I shrug, "I figured you'd take care of it."

He cups my cheeks, "I'll be at your place in an hour princess."

I frown at the word and he shakes his head, "Just you baby," he smiles, "That too. I don't give nicknames and kitten was for the playroom."

I nod and he kisses me lighlty, "One hour," he looks at Davis, "Wait for us to leave. I'll text you when we're out."

He gives my hand one last squeeze before turning and walking back inside to head out.

When I walk in the door Jude wraps his arms around me, "I didn't wake Av up, are you okay?" I nod slightly and he cups my face, "He told me she had a gun Em, she pointed it at you, fuck he was upset. I've never heard Christian sound like that. He's always so...collected. He was a wreck."

I shrug, "I'm fine, really."

He frowns and says, "Would you like some tea?" I nod and he drags me over to the couch, "Sit."