twelve

"Time to wake up!" Hajime announced, making all of the kids jump out of their skin. They looked at him, Hitoshi glared at him as he set the cups on the tray. He then dropped a few packets on the tray, "I didn't know if you two liked coffee or tea, so I just brought hot water." He also pulled the plastic bag off of his arm and set it on the tray as well. "Eat good, cause you're going to school."

"Like hell I am you bastard," Hitoshi shot up, his hands were bawled into fists, "I'm not leaving Izuku!" 

Hajime's face scrunched up, "Well I highly doubt he wants to meet you with breath smelling like that." Monoma couldn't help but bust out laughing, he loves Hajime, and always considered him as a second father whenever they were in the same room. He honestly got most of his sarcasm from him, and looked up to him greatly. Hitoshi glared at him too, but the blond couldn't care less. He knew Hitoshi wouldn't fight first thing in the morning. "I'll call you when he wakes up, or if anything changes. You know I won't keep you in the shadows."

"What makes you think I could focus knowing he's practically on life support?!" 

As he said that, the doctor walked in, "He's stable, son. He's doing a lot better than he was last night. Don't worry." When Hitoshi turned to look at his friends, they were all eating the food or taking a sip of their drink. 

"You won't be alone, you have us!" Uraraka spoke up, a smile on her face. "The school day will go by faster than you know it." 

"Your car is outside, if you leave within the next ten minutes you'll be able to stop by everyone's house." Hajime spoke up again, he reached down and took the other half of his son's sandwich, taking a bite of it. He set it back down, deciding he was going to the cafeteria. Hitoshi didn't want to budge, but he also knew that he needed to listen to his father, he was in fact still a minor and he knew his father had his best interest for him. He finished his food, grabbing his cup as he stood up, "Okay, we're leaving. Text me if you find out anything else but call me if he wakes up."

"Yes sir!" his dad joked, patting his back in a comforting way. 

Everybody lied to Hitoshi, absolutely lied to him. They told him that the day would go by fast, but as he watched the clock, it felt as if it was going a hundred times slower than it normally would. He even took a nap during class, but unlike the usually three hour nap, it ended up being ten minutes. He was on the edge of his seat by the time the last few minutes of class came, he didn't even notice Monoma looking at him, watching him as he slowly pushed the chair back, a loud squeaking coming from the floor. The teacher, whom disliked the lilac haired male. 

"Shinsou, you're staying for clean up! The rest of the class, feel free to go home." 

"What?!" Hitoshi yelled, standing up, his hands smashed down on the desk. "What the fuck?!" He yelled, and Monoma joined, standing up, his hands in the air as he copied him, "What's you're problem?!"

"Oh, so you want to stay too?" when the blond scoffed at him, the look on the teachers face looked like he was about to explode, "BOTH OF YOU, YOU'RE STAYING AFTER CLASS! DOES ANYONE ELSE WISH TO JOIN?!" But the class was silent, of course they weren't going to stay, to get home or to go out and be kids for just a few hours longer because two bad seeds decided to act out? of course not. 

Hitoshi sat in his chair, glaring at the teacher now as he waited for the bell. "You need to grow up child, the world doesn't revolve around you." 

"I'll remember that," Hitoshi spoke up, "And you'll be hearing it later." 

The teacher was about to speak up again, but the bell rung and everybody stood up and walked out calmly, not wanting to become the next target of their teacher. The older man only took a deep breath, letting it out slowly, "Have a good day son." 

"Like you would know about that," He muttered, he knew it was a low blow, his son was a victim of a car crash a few years ago. But luckily he didn't hear him. 

"Come on asshole, oh, have you got any updates on Izuku?" 

Hitoshi nodded, "yeah. But he hasn't woke up yet." he sighed, grabbing the broom Monoma was holding, Hitoshi swore he would never clean with such an effort until today, he told Monoma to just wipe everything down and he would be sure to sweep the whole room. With teamwork, they were able to get done within twenty minutes, Uraraka and Todoroki even came up to join them and they were done faster than their homework that was due the next day. 

They were at the car before they knew it, that's when Hitoshi's phone started to ring. He quickly fought his pocket to revel his phone, swiping the screen, he put it on speaker. "He's up, but I don't think he'll be awake for long."

Hajime sat on the chair beside Izuku's bed, the greenette was crying as he looked down at his body, then back up to the doctor who was telling him everything that happened. He told him what all was broken, how he had a popped blood vessel in his left eye and that he will probably need to tell him everything all over again due to the concussion he received. "How long you stay will depend on how fast you recover, but even after that you will need psychical therapy. It will be a rough road to travel, but the fact that you survived and have such amazing friends, I know you'll make it." The doctor smiled at him, giving him a thumbs up. "Also, this is Rumi, she's a social worker and will be talking to you about what is going to happen to you when you are discharged." The doctor turned around and walked out the room, that's when Hajime spoke up, 

"Hey kid, I'm Hitoshi's father. I promise I'll help you in any way I can." he smiled at him, which made Izuku cry more. 

"w-why are you being s-so nice?"

Hajime sighed, "I know what it's like to hold out your hand, begging for help and nobody being there to. That's why Hitoshi lives so freely, I didn't want him to have the same life I did." he smiled at Izuku, "And that's why I want to help you." As soon as those words left his mouth, Rumi was a light skinned woman, with beautiful white hair. She smiled at Izuku as she greeted him. 

"Hey, so I have to ask you a few questions, are you okay with that?" Izuku nodded, 

"Do you have any other relatives, or a guardian that lives near?" 

"not that I know of," he answered truthfully, "a-after my mom died, I was cut off from everyone. I don't know where anyone is." 

 Rumi nodded, writing it down. "How long has this been going on?"

"Ever since she died," Izuku looked down, but regretted it once he seen his broken body again. His throat went dry as he tried to hold back his sobs, but it didn't last long. He broke down crying, his tears stinging his cheeks. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." Rumi didn't know what to do to comfort him, there was no way she could. He just lost both of his parents, and was left in the hospital not knowing where he would go after this. "Don't worry Izuku, you're safe now. You'll be with someone you can trust to take care of you," "Hitoshi." He thought, or at least he thought he did. 

"Hm? Hitoshi?" "Yes?" The voice made everyone jump, the lilac haired male ran into the room, his eyes filled with tears as he wiped the tears from his cheeks, he pressed his forehead to Izuku's softly,

"I'm sorry Izuku, I'm so sorry," he whispered, "I should've been there for you, I'm sorry." 

Rumi stood there, watching the two, she couldn't lie, she got emotional watching it. She didn't even notice Hajime was now by her side, asking her to step outside. She nodded, following behind him, not wanting to ruin their moment together. 

"It's okay, cause you're here now." Izuku smiled at him, his green eyes meeting Hitoshi's lilac ones. "Everything is okay."