fourteen

Trigger warning: flashbacks.

After weeks of waiting, Izuku was finally allowed to go home-- well, his new home. Hitoshi and Toshinori helped him pick out stuff for his room, and Hitoshi of course decorated it. Izuku was allowed to embrace his actual style was, and not whatever his father found from only god knows where; but it usually smelt awful. Hitoshi picked Izuku up, helping him get into Toshinori's car, he was about to step back to close the door when Izuku grabbed his sleeve,

"Can you come with us?" he asked, he couldn't lie, he was a bit afraid to go there by himself. Yes, Toshinori was his guardian, and he knew his mother pretty well; but his dad did too. He knew Hitoshi wouldn't let anything happen to him, and everyone at this point knew that.

Hitoshi glanced at Toshinori, who looked at Hajime, Toshinori had no clue what to say, he was still adjusting to everything just like Izuku was. But he also knew that Hitoshi would make him feel more comfortable. Hajime was about to speak up, but Toshinori did before so "If it'll make you feel more comfortable, he can come. I have nothing against you feeling safe."

Hitoshi smiled, looking back at Izuku who was also smiling. "Can I sit in the back too?" he whispered, making Hitoshi chuckle as he opened the backdoor and picked him up again, setting Izuku in the backseat.

"You didn't have to let him go, y'know." Hajime spoke, crossing his arms.

Toshinori only shrugged, "It's not like they're five years old, I won't need to follow them all over the house. All I need to do is order food and make sure there's wifi and I'm sure they'll be set. Plus, I'm getting old. I can't carry people like I used to."

Hajime shook his head, "Using my kid to save your back," he joked, he received a back pat,

"Now you're getting it! Anyways, I'll have him call you when he's on his way home!" Toshinori turned to go to his car but stopped when he seen that they had their foreheads pressed together, Hitoshi was saying something to Izuku but neither of the males were able to catch it. He turned back to Hajime, who shrugged,

"He falls hard, but loves even harder."

"I promise Izuku, I'm here for you. I don't care if you call me in the middle of class or at three in the morning, I'll get here." Izuku smiled at the thought, he was currently in bed and Hitoshi went to the restroom. He can't put into words how grateful he is for everyone who stayed by his side, if it wasn't for Hitoshi, Monoma, Uraraka, and Shoto, he wouldn't be here today. Who knows what his father would have done to or with him if they didn't come when they did. He didn't want to remember what happened, but just the fear of the unknown and what if's poured through his mind, he could feel himself slowly digging himself into a hole.

'It should've been you and not your mother, you sorry piece of shit' Izuku flinched as his father ripped the leg of the chair, 'why did I have to be stuck with you? out of all people, a sorry, good for nothing fucking crybaby like you!' He clenched his eyes shut, waiting for the wood to make contact with his skin, but it never did. A hand grabbed his, making him scream. His eyes shot open, looking to see Hitoshi who looked at him worriedly. He slowly sat on the bed, now wanting Izuku to get too overwhelmed.

"It's okay, it's just me." He murmured, "he can't touch you anymore."  He held his hand up, waiting to see if Izuku had a bad reaction, but he actually leaned in closer, Hitoshi smiled, reaching his hand up to cup his cheek, his thumb lightly rubbing back and forth. "It's not always going to be like this. I promise." Hitoshi leaned forward and pressed his lips to Izuku's forehead. He could feel his lips tingle, a feeling he never thought he would get again formed through his whole body. It felt like his fingers were tingling as well as every other body part of his. He felt like he was floating and it made him wonder if Izuku felt that way too.

"I-I know this isn't a g-good time but.." Izuku burrows his face In Hitoshi's neck, not wanting to see his reaction. The fear of rejection again forming a pit in his stomach, but he had to know. Their relationship isn't quite a friendship, he knows that, but does he want to be in a relationship or just fill an empty void.

"What are we?"

Hitoshi could feel his heart picking up, he was there to help Izuku before he even knew his name— his helped him with his best friend, he opened his home to him when he was too afraid to go back to his own. Hitoshi even lost interest in getting high just so he could remember every time he was with him. The feeling he got with Izuku was familiar but different, probably because he finally was able to stop comparing him to his ex. He was finally able to let his ex rest, he realized that Kaminari would want him to continue living, to find happiness and keep moving forward. He was finally able to accept that when he got closer to Izuku, his kind eyes and the way he was so light with his touches, like he knew Hitoshi was just as fragile as he was. Like Izuku knew that he too was crying out for help. Izuku was the only person so see this and act upon it.

"I want to be yours." Hitoshi replied, "I want to be your boyfriend, but—"

He wasn't able to finish. Izuku picked his head up and pressed his lips to Hitoshi's, he was glad he took his pain medicine because he knew doing all this moving would have made him feel like his body was on fire.

But nothing had more sparks than their lips being intertwined at this moment, their need and want for one another pouring into this one single kiss, the time around them stopped, all the noise from the busy Street outside and the tv was silenced. The only thing they could focus on was each other, and the love that was finally able to come to be.

Hello! Sorry for such a long wait! But I'm going to be honest, I think I'm going to end this story here. I know. There was absolutely no warning. But when I tell you I've never felt like I wrote the perfect ending until now— I mean it.

Does anyone want an epilogue? I can probably come up with one or two!