seven

WARNING: THIS MAY BE A TRIGGERING CHAPTER TO SOME READERS. 

Hitoshi stood there, eyes widened as he seen Izuku's face burning a bright red. It was quiet, the silence felt as if it was screaming. It was slowly eating them both alive, Izuku didn't mean to blurt out what he said, his heart was now pounding as he waited for an answer. Hitoshi was gathering his thoughts, he didn't know what to say to Izuku, he still wasn't sure of his feelings towards Izuku, and he was still struggling to cope with his last relationship. Izuku managed to get the courage to speak up first,

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to.. to say that." 

Hitoshi opened his mouth to speak, but he closed it once again. He watched as the greenette scratched the back of his neck, "I'm g-going to bed, goodnight." As he started to walk away, Hitoshi walked up to him, grabbing his wrist, pulling him into his chest. He hugged him tightly, Izuku's back pressing tightly to his chest. 

"Izuku, I don't know my feelings for you yet. I don't even know if I'm ready to be with someone again." he muttered, "I don't want you thinking I'm going to play with your feelings, I don't even know if you like me. But I'm sure after showing you this, you'll understand why." He held onto his wrist once again, pulling him into the other room. He flicked the light on, there was a picture of a male, around Izuku's age smiling, he held both his hands up, one had a peace sign while the other held a melting ice cream cone. He was wearing plain dark blue jeans with a yellow shirt that had Pikachu on it. There were two candles lit beside the picture, Izuku could see something else there, so he walked forward, he read the white piece of paper, his eyes watering as he did;

In loving memory of Denki Kaminari.

Izuku got on his knees, putting his hands together and said a small prayer. He stood up, turning to Hitoshi who was looking at the ground, he didn't even look at Izuku as he walked away, his hands shoved in his pockets. Izuku slowly followed behind him, shutting the door carefully so he didn't blow the candles out. He followed Hitoshi as he grabbed something out of a drawer and walked to the porch, Izuku followed him, shutting the door sliding the door behind him. He took a deep breath, Hitoshi still wasn't facing him. was he crying? he thought, taking a step forward and hugging him tightly, his face mushed into his back, his arms squeezing him as tight as he could. 

"We were thirteen when we starting dating, he passed away when we were sixteen. His parents.. they-" he heard the flick of a lighter, but he still said nothing. "Didn't accept us, they thought it was just a phase. But they tolerated us until one day we were caught doing, you know.. and they-" 

"-it was all my fault, I was stupid, my hormones got the better of me a-and," Izuku immediately remembered the news story that made national news, both parents are in life in prison with no chance of parole for the torture and murder of their son, Denki Kaminari. 

Izuku used all his might to turn Hitoshi around, grabbing his shirt and pulling him face to face to him, "sorry- I'm not meaning to be so forceful. But I don't think he would want you blaming yourself, Hitoshi. Nobody ever knew his parents would have done that, not you, not him. Nobody. I know with how the situation played out, it's easy to blame yourself but you didn't do this. His parents chose those actions, you and Kaminari were just the victims of those monsters, and I am so sorry you had to go through this. You didn't deserve it, and neither did he.

Hitoshi dropped the blunt and lighter in his hands, his arms wrapping around Izuku tightly as he buried his face into his neck. He sobbed and sobbed, Izuku could tell this felt like the whole world on his shoulders. Hitoshi blamed everything on himself, he was drowning mentally, and used his skin, and substances to cover it. 

He didn't know how long they were there for, he didn't even care. It didn't matter to him, the only thing that mattered was that Hitoshi didn't bang his already broken nose, and that Hitoshi was with him, and he felt safe enough to open up to him. 

"Thank you, Izuku." he whispered, lifting his head and using his arm to wipe his face. "It makes me nervous to think about getting in another relationship, but I promise I will never play with your feelings and-"

"Hitoshi, I'm not here because I'm hoping for a relationship. I just said that before I could even think about what I was saying. I'm here because I see you as an amazing friend, even though we haven't known each other long." Hitoshi smiled at him, his eyes widening when he noticed flashing lights down the road. He quickly slid the glass door open and hurried Izuku in, shutting and pulled the curtains shut. 

"Let's go to bed," Hitoshi stated, turning Izuku around and lightly pushing him forward. He followed behind, admiring Izuku as he followed behind him.