19 | pain

"I need to find ways of knowing the most about the people that will be living in my pack for the next few days." 

-

19 | pain

*Fleur London*

I met and greeted a couple more important people from their pack when my eyes fell on the last girl who had come out of the cars. She was standing there with no smile or expression on her face, but she didn't look out of place. She just looked very reserved. 

"And you are?" I asked as politely as I could, beckoning towards her and she blinked as soon as our eyes met. 

Her lips turned up in a small smile and she slightly bowed. "I'm Olivia Hart, Alpha Fleur." 

I smiled kindly back at her. She didn't specify her rank, which probably meant that she was an ordinary pack member who came for training and just happened to be a good friend of the Beta and the Head warrior.

Once all the 50 members that were to be trained were out of the cars, I said, "A warm welcome to you all. A guest house has been arranged for everyone. As per the list of trainees we were sent, there are 53 of you currently here. Beta Ryder, Warrior Katherine, Warrior Mark and 50 trainees. The ones with higher ranks will be provided private rooms and the trainees will get a room on shared-basis with 4 other trainees. I hope this is clear. Rest of the information will be passed on to you by my Gamma." I beckoned towards Tammy who nodded and proceeded to discuss the details with Katherine.

"Excuse me?" A voice said and I looked up to see Beta Ryder. "Can I have a word with you? It's important." 

I nodded and ushered him inside the pack house and into the meeting room as it seemed like he had something private to say. 

"Yes?" I asked.  

"I'd like to request you to provide one extra room, if possible." He said, respectfully. 

"I'm afraid that is difficult. We have 14 rooms in our guesthouse with maximum accommodation of 5 per room. If we also take into account the 3 rooms being assigned to you and the high ranks in your pack, only one room is left, wherein, we necessarily need to keep 5 warriors as guards from our pack."

He pursed his lips. "Katherine and Mark can share a room. They're siblings." 

I sighed and shook my head. "It would hurt the pride and reputation of our pack if the council finds out that we gave a single room to 2 high ranks. I cannot allow it."

"I insist, Alpha. This is important." He said, pushing his request. The desperation in his eyes tweaked my interest. 

I took the position of superiority and power as I held my chin up slightly and folded my arms over my chest. "I need to at least know why I'm being asked to cooperate. I need to know what sort of urgent or desperate situation can be calling for this." 

His eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at me and his lips flattened in a straight line, as if he was trying to assess me. Judge me. Contemplating if he could trust me. 

It didn't matter if he wanted to trust me or not. I had put him in a situation where he had to trust me. I left no choice. 

After a while, he sighed in irritation. 

"I guess I'll have to tell you." He said. "I'm sure Chance won't want this without having asked her, but her security is more important." 

I almost raised an eyebrow as my interest and curiosity increased at the mention of their Alpha's name.