06 | attempts

"I didn't want you to understand me." He said, "I know you'd never be able to understand me. That's why, I just wanted you to believe me."

-

06 | attempts

*Fleur London*

"I just want to talk to you."

My sentence was cut off as I was taken aback by his response.

"You keep attacking me everytime we meet despite of the fact that I did nothing. I wanted to talk to you to stop."

"Are you kidding me? I attacked because you failed to answer when I asked what you were doing in my pack. That clearly means danger."

"You assumed that I was danger."

"Are you a spy?" I asked.

"I promise you I am not a spy. Nor an assassin. I come to your pack to do no harm."

"Does that make any sense? You go back and forth between my pack and you mean no harm?"

"Yes."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Then what are you? Why are you here? Tell me."

He didn't answer immediately. He kept looking at me. I really wanted to look at his eyes. I didn't know why, but I really did.

"I am here to see my mate."

I was taken aback by his answer.

Not because I was touched, but because it was so preposterous.

"Wow." I breathed. "You seriously want me to believe that?"

"Yes."

I glared at him for giving monosyllabic answers. "Fine then. Let's believe for a second that you do have a mate in my pack. I am sure you are aware of the fact that if you have a mate in another pack, you don't need to go back and forth like that. You need to write a letter of request of transfer to the Alpha of whoever one out of you two wants to transfer and then that Alpha talks to the Alpha of the other pack. If approved, which in most of the cases, it is approved, the mates get to live together happily in one pack. It's not rocket science."

"I am aware."

"Then did you file a request? Were you rejected?"

"No and no."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "What's her name?" I asked. "And I swear to god if you give me another monosyllabic answer, I will make your life harder. I'm trying to understand you here. That's what you wanted, right?"

"I didn't want you to understand me." He said, "I know you'd never be able to understand me. That's why, I just wanted you to believe me."

His words somehow made me feel heavy in the heart and I swallowed, trying to get rid of that feeling.

Must be another side effect of that stupid fainting potion.

"You know what," he said. "Perhaps this really is pointless. No matter how many times I tell you I won't harm me, you won't believe me. No matter how many times I tell you not to attack, you will. Maybe that's our destiny. I'm bound to visit your pack every once in a while and you're bound to chase me." He started moving towards the window that probably acted as an exit from this room, and I panicked.

"Don't you dare try to escape. A lot of my men are probably waiting out for you." I said.

"Isn't that my line as a kidnapper?" He said, in an amused tone. "And about your men, they couldn't catch me then and they won't catch me now."