12 | discomforts

"It will only burn if someone who is not supposed to enter, tries to."

-

12 | discomforts

*Fleur London*

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the mirror. I ran my fingers over the pencil skirt I was wearing several times to smooth out the creases that weren't even there. I was visibly nervous and I didn't like that. My pack was in trouble and I couldn't even tell them what I knew.

How can I explain to them about the intruder possibly not being a wolf? How can I convince the representative that he isn't ordinary? Who ratted us out the council from our own pack? 

So many questions were floating around in my mind that I couldn't concentrate on a single thing. 

"Alpha, secretary of the representative would like to meet you." Samuel, my father's secretary, said as he knocked on my door. 

"I'm coming." I said sternly, making sure there was no shakiness in my tone. 

Glancing at the mirror one last time, I made a small decision. 

"F*ck it," I muttered, as I grabbed the most vibrant matte red lipstick I had and put it on. I wanted to look fierce. 

<><><>

"Mr. Chris Montana will like to meet you in a  Cubiculum Occultos." Mr. Chris' secretary said.

Cubiculum occultos is latin for a secret room. It was a primitive and ancient method used by influential supernatural beings to hold meetings no one else could be aware of. Members of the council still often prefer to use it. I had heard a lot about it from my father as he has been in one quite a lot of times, but for me however, it would be the first time entering one. 

The major benefit of a cubiculum occultos is that it is exclusive of the land of any pack. It is the territory belonging to it's creator and only the people mentioned during it's creation can enter it. 

Creating a cubiculum occultos is not an ordinary task. It requires a mix of divine blessing and witchcraft. Perhaps that is the reason why only higher officials can make it but not Alphas of even the biggest packs. 

"Alright I understand," I said.

"Come with me," he said, as he started walking towards the furnace of our pack house. 

With a flick of his wrist, he first lit the furnace. Then, he took a blue coloured crystal out of his pocket and threw it at the flames. The crystal disappeared as soon as it touched the flames and the flames turned it's colour instead. It was almost as if the crystal got dissolved in the pool of flames. 

The crystal must have had the essence of Mr. Chris Montana's Cubiculum Occultos. 

"Step in it." His secretary said, making me look at him with wide eyes. 

He must have gauged my expression as he chuckled. "You don't have to worry, the flame won't burn you. Your name was taken during the formation of this Cubiculum Occultos. It will only burn if someone who is not supposed to enter, tries to." 

He looked at me expectedly and I immediately felt the pressure. I didn't want to seem inexperienced or cowardly, so I decided to give in. 

"Okay," I muttered as I walked towards the flame. 

It felt warm and that did nothing to help my anxiety. 

My hand was trembling a bit as I brought it towards the flame. As slowly as possible I like the flames kiss the tip of my longest finger, to check if it burnt me.