14 | revelations

"They say that when mates finally meet each other, fireworks erupt. It's like finding the key to a lock you've wanted to open your entire life. It's like finding the cure to a dull ache that has always bothered you."

-

14 | revelations

*Fleur London*

"Your pack is towards your left." The intruder said finally, as he started walking in the opposite direction.

"Wait," I said, hastily as I grabbed his hand. "Tell me your name at least." 

He turned around and I realised that his sunglasses were not there anymore. Perhaps, they got caught in the mini hurricane and fell. 

I don't think he had yet realised that as soon as his eyes met mine, they widened in horror.

And I gasped. 

They say that when mates finally meet each other, fireworks erupt. It's like finding the key to a lock you've wanted to open your entire life. It's like finding the cure to a dull ache that has always bothered you. A lot of people say this and that about the moment you find your mate but when I truly experienced it, I realized that one can actually do justice to it.

It's surreal and unearthly.  

His eyes seemed like the most precious piece of craftsmanship as I couldn't take my eyes off of them. 

"Mate, I've found you." I whispered lightly, letting a small smile form on my lips. 

I looked down at his gloved hands and frowned. I wanted to remove these gloves and feel the skin of his hand against mine. 

He flinched however, when I made a move to remove the glove.

"No," he yelled. "This is a mistake." He said, hurriedly.

Mistake? I was about to say something and ask him what he meant but before I could even utter a word, he was gone.

It was like a whirl of wind below around him and took him away.

It was like he wasn't even ever here to begin with.

<><><>

I walked in a daze on my way back home. Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. It was like my life changed the moment I learned he is my mate, but it didn't really change after all. 

I was trying not to think too much of the fact that he literally ran away from me and called our meeting a mistake. 

I tried to, but I failed miserably.

My mind kept drifting to the dreaded thoughts of rejection. I couldn't help but feel insecure and abandoned. 

Even if he really did reject me, he never said it and so the bond is still there. There is still hope. 

I wondered if he'll ever come to visit this pack again. It's funny how I tried my hardest to make him stop coming here until now, but now suddenly I want him to never go away. 

"Fleur?" I heard a familiar voice ask and I looked up to see my father looking at me with expectations. 

I blinked and looked around. I had walked into the living room of the pack house because of muscle memory, without any conscious effort and without even realising it. 

"Uh, yeah, hi." I muttered, dumbly, trying to shake my daze off.

Father sighed.

"Did you get the work done?" He asked.