[ f o u r t e e n ]

"i love you"

"i love you"

I pulled my hood over my head as I approached the Dream SMP, L'Manberg's lights shining not too far off in the distance. It was late at night, unlikely for anyone to be up at this hour. I snuck through the gardens near the community house, heading to Dreams secret base he had showed me when we were civil. I peeked through the window to see him sound asleep, the compass at the end of his bed.

I took a sip of the thick, bitter liquid and tossed the empty bottle to the grass, wincing as it burned my throat. I looked down at my hands which were slowly fading away.

I slipped through the door which thankfully wasn't creaky, tip toeing through the kitchen and into Dreams room.

I slowly reached for the compass and grabbed it, quickly stuffing it in my pocket. I turned around and quickly started heading for the door.I made it outside and the cool night air rushed over my face as I sighed with relief. I started walking back.

"Stop, Sage." Dream said. I turned around and saw him standing in the doorway wearing sweatpants. And of course, no shirt. I sighed as I saw myself becoming visible once again.

"Baby I'm not even here."

BAHSHDJAJA IM SO SORRY I JUST HAD TO PUT THE TIK TOK REFERENCE IN THERE BUT DKNT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY SHE DIDNT ACTUALY SAY IT LMFAOSODKDK

He wrapped his arms around him lightly, shielding himself from the cold.

"You need to get out of here, Sage." He said. I looked at him in confusion.

"Y-You're not going to take me back?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"No." I he said. "Just please leave before I change my mind."

"But why?" I asked. He walked closer to me and I didn't even have the reaction to step back.

He got close enough where I could feel his breath against my face. He ran his thumb across the scar that Schlatt had given me months ago. All of a sudden he seemed to snap out of his daydream. (or night dream, considering it was night)

"Damnit." He whispered, turning around and crossing his arms. "Because.." He started, but seemed to not have the right words to finish his sentence.

"If you're not going to tell me I'll just leave." I said, my temper shortening. He stared into my eyes, still silent. I started walking away.

dreams pov

I watched in agony as my girl walked away from me. My Sunshine. I thought of all the times we had ran through that field, all the times we looked up at the stars and the clouds together. All the times we had danced in the rain, or climbed the trees in the forest. All of the times that made me truly love her more then I could ever love anyone else.

"I won't take you back because I love you!" I blurted out, tears filling up my eyes from all the emotions. "And I cant deny it anymore!"

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around, looking at me with a numb expression. I saw her eyes which were once a vibrant green now grey and sullen. I had done this to her.

"What?" She said, taking a few steps towards me.

"I love you." I whispered almost inaudibly.

sages pov

I watched in shock as Dream pulled his smiley face mask off. I guess it never occurred to me that he had a real face under there, it was just... Dream.

I stared into his green eyes which were glossed over with tears. A few freckles scattered across the bridge of his nose.

"Dream..." I whispered. In truth, I loved him too. But right now I just couldn't deal with any kind of relationship with him. He was hurting me.

"I don't mean to hurt you." He said quietly. "I'm just trying to protect you." I scoffed.

"Protect me? Throwing me in jail is protecting me? Threatening me with death 24/7 is protecting me?"

"Sage you don't understand."

"Oh no, Dream. I understand perfectly. I know what you're up to and you are not getting away with it. Your manipulation doesn't work on me." I turned away and started walking. I was acting tough on the outside but on the inside I was cracking.

"Sage, wait!"

I ignored him and kept walking.

dreams pov

I lost her.