[ e i g h t ]

play the video shown above when i tell you to!

"it was never meant to be."

"Backup for what?" I asked. standing up from the chair.

"Listen, I know what your doing here, and that's fine, do what you need to do, but didn't you say a while back that you weren't coming back to L'Manberg?" He asked.

"I wasn't planning on it, why?"

"So do you care about the people here?"

"I mean, my brother of course. And Tubbo. Tommy as well.. when he's being nice."

Techno nodded slowly.

"Sage, you know I'm an anarchist. Which means I don't like the government. I joined Pogtopia for the revolution, not to just get Wilbur his presidency back. They haven't thanked me for a single thing I've done for them."

"I understand how that feels. What did you have in mind?" I asked. Techno pulled something from his pocket. A wither skull. My eyes widened as I took it from his hands.

"Two of them. Almost everyone out there has full netherite, they can take it easily. We just need to make our point." He shrugged. I nodded unsurely.

"Alright." I said. "I'm in."

"Great. I need to go, but once you stop him come right back out." He said before running back down the hallway.

Not long after I turned my head to see the one and only Wilbur Soot standing in the doorway.

"Sage." He said quietly as he walked in. "Why are you here?"

I looked up at him.

"Wilbur, do you really want to do this?" I asked. He paused and looked at the signs around him.

"Yes." He said, nodding his head. "I do. Sage, the thing that I built this nation doesn't exist anymore. It's over." He yelled.

"Wilbur." I said, touching his shoulder. He looked at me. I could see the pain in his eyes. "You still have them all. Tommy, Tubbo, Niki. Are you really doing this to them?"

The pain in this eyes only deepened. "Yes."

"What are you doing?" I turned around to see a man I had never met before. He looked much older then the rest of the smp members.

"Phil?" Wilbur said in shock.

"You fought so hard to get this land back. There is a lot of tnt connected to that button." Phil said.

"There was a saying, Phil. By a traitor, once part of L'Manberg. Sage I'm sure your familiar with him but Phil I'm not sure if you've heard of Eret? Well he had a saying, Phil." I watched almost in slow motion as Wilbur turned to the button. "It was never meant to be."

Before he could reach out and press it, I rammed into him, knocking him to the ground, pinning him there. He tried kicking against me but I had a firm grip.

"Wilbur don't make my do this, please." I said, a single tear rolling down my cheek as I pulled my sword from its sheath. The last thing Wilbur ever did was bring his hand to his forehead, saluting one last time as the sword sliced through his chest. He was gone almost immediately.

Phil looked at me in shock as I pushed past him, running out of the room and out into the sunlight where everyone was in panic trying to find Wilbur.

I walked up to the stage where the speeches were given and tapped the mic, causing it to screech making everyone stop moving and talking.

"The traitor is dead." I said, a few more tears coming down my cheeks. "Wilbur is gone."

I walked down from the podium while everyone stood, speechless.

Tommy was the first one to snap out of it. He ran to me and punched me in the nose, blood trickling out of it. He started punching my stomach.

"YOU KILLED HIM!" He sobbed. I grabbed both of his fists and pushed them back. Tommy collapsed on the ground, a complete mess.

"Did you really do it?" Tubbo asked, tears in his eyes. I nodded solemnly. Instead of attacking me, Tubbo hugged me so tight I could barely breath, his tears hitting my shirt.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as Tubbo sobbed. "I had to do it."

"I know you did." He said shakily. "It's not your fault."

I looked over at Techno, who gave me a nod. It was time.

"I know that wasn't my fault, Tubbo." I said quietly. "But this is."

I walked over to Techno who had already set up the soulsand.

"Techno, stop this right now!" Tommy tried to cross the bridge to where we were, but stepped back as Techno aimed his crossbow.

"Do you think your a hero, Tommy? Is that what this is?"

Tommy scoffed. "No, I- I just wanted L'Manberg..." Tommy said sadly. "I just wanted-"

"Power." Techno finished. "You wanna know a thing about this world Tommy? Good things don't happen to heroes. So if you wanna be a hero, you gotta die like one." Techno nodded at me and we both placed the wither skulls on the soulsand. Everyone started screaming and running around frantically.

play the song now !!

I looked at my brother who still hadn't moved. He looked at me in disappointment.

"Treason always ran in the family, Sage." He yelled. "But this... this is more then treason." He shook his head and ran off to fight the wither. Techno started running around killing everyone, trying to stop them from killing the wither.

"There will be no new government today. Not even over my dead body." Techno said as the last wither was killed.

I looked around at all of the people around me. Battered and bruised, some crying. My eyes fell on Dream. He was talking to the crowd yet I couldn't hear. I blocked out everything. I looked at My beloved brother, Eret. He looked as if he were about to break down and run away. In all my nineteen years of living I had never seen my brother cry. I looked at Tubbo, who was still recovering from the death of his best friend. Not even best friend, his brother. I had caused so much pain in him. I looked at Tommy, who was talking to Phil in bewilderment. I looked at Karl, who was just absolutely devastated. I always knew Karl was on our side. I looked at Niki, her usually bright and peppy expression was broken, she was crying and devastated.

Finally I looked at Dream. He looked happy. Why did I ever trust him?

I took one last look at my city. Techno was right, they were tyrants as much as I cared for them. They wouldn't want me there after what I had done, as if they wanted me there in the first place.

I tore away from the crowd, taking my time as I walked slowly towards the control room. This was it.

For the last time I smelled the fresh air of my city, free of pollution. For the last time I saw the bees buzzing around, oblivious to all the devastation in the world. For the last time I watched the rolling hills moving on last the city with seemingly no end.

I looked at the long hallway. No point in hesitation.

I walked down the hallway, running my had across the smooth walls. I walked into the room, the lyrics of the L'Manberg anthem decorating the walls.

"It was never meant to be." I whispered with a sorrowful smile as I pressed the button. I turned around to see the tnt explode on at a time, saluting as tears of sorrow and relief streamed down my face.

It was finally over. To them, at least.

But my plan was just starting.